2008: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Members

I think Toups is right.

Hogan costs $$$, he's got a bitch of a contract (for the networks), and he hasn't done [!@#$%^&*] for Days.

The nets can legally drop writers now, so say goodbye to Hogan and his team.

I only wish I could say the same for Brown and Esensten.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ditto for me Ryan. As much as Hogan destroyed ATWT, he has turned all the stale JER-absurdity(No offense Toupsy) into top-notch drama. If Corday is stupid enough to throw that all away, then so be it. I'm gone.

• Members

Thank you Dan. I agree with you 100%. He has done something great at DAYS and they would be stupid to let him go. I'd rather DAYS be at the bottom of the pack, winning awards and receiving praise than have it be number 1 and an awful show from beginning to end.

GL is at the bottom, but they win awards and receive praise. It may not be my cup of tea, but they manage to win people over. I'd rather DAYS be that way too.

• Members

I agree and let's remember other writers gave Hogan a lower starting point to work from, not to mention they created an unsettled atmosphere for the show and it's fans.

The last few months have been stellar and Hogan's first few months were solid. Take out January-April and late July-August and the show has been pretty good IMO.

• Members

As a fan of soaps, I really don't care where my fav. is on the ratings charts. As far as primetime shows go, the shows I've loved the most (recently, Arrested Development comes to mind) are critically-lauded but terminally low rated. But, the way NBC sees it, Hogan isn't doing anything for Days based on the numbers. I'm rather ambivalent about Hogan's stint at Days, but I totally see how it's likely he won't be back.

• Members

Sony would probably back Corday up in firing Hogan. Do you honestly think the corporate giants care about how much the show's improved? They'll definitely be looking at Days' 2006 ratings performance, instead of what really should count.

If Sony cared about quality why did they allow Latham to [!@#$%^&*] everything up at Y&R or Higley, Langan, and JER round two to creatively rape Days?

Archived