2008: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Since Bell, Minnis and Alden (and Elizabeth Snyder in the credits at CBS.com's broadcasts) are still listed as writers, does that mean they wrote these breakdowns pre-strike while scab writers are writing the dialog? I'm assuming it's not anyone who has gone fi-core writing dialog, or else they would list their names.

Any idea why Cwikly seems to have vanished after just a handful of episodes? Right now, it's just Griffith and Arena-Bell listed in the credits?

• Administrator

B&B is now the 4th soap to air non-WGA covered episodes.

- Michael Minnis last listed as Associate Head Writer on January 21

- Kay Alden last listed as Associate Head Writer on January 21

- Elizabeth Snyder last listed as Associate Head Writer on January 21

- Bradley Bell last listed as Head Writer on January 21

• Members

My thoughts exactly. Not that I blame Brad, I'd write the show too if I owned it. I mean the fact is that an awful lot of the soap writers 'on strike' aren't. Thanks to the internet, writers can write uncredited material and submit it and get paid without anyone knowing a thing.

• Members

And at least one B&B actor (who asked to be quoted anonymously in print) told Soaps in Depth that Brad has been cutting back his time in the office/studio, even as EP. So if the above were true, that would imply he's asking actors to cover for him, and what actor would want to risk that for his or her boss?

• Members

Maybe 'cause he's busy fixing Y&R?

The list of cleanup increases:

- Clark/David Chow revealed to be a different person...sounds like the start of his endgame

- Victor's (stupid) murder story ended with the convenient finding of an alibi

- Newman divorce/clear spring suit...ending today I think

- Jeff Bardwell...

- Jana out of prison...and I'm speculating off the canvas soon...

Almost every lamebrain thing that was done, it seems to me, is being repaired. We're seeing the return of classic flower shots, longer scenes, AND pregnant pauses at the end of scenes. There's a Bell in behind this, I'm telling you! This is just speculation, but I'd be looking for Brad either across the hall, or working furiously from his study at Casa Bell.

• Members

Maybe 'cause he's busy fixing Y&R?

The list of cleanup increases:

- Clark/David Chow revealed to be a different person...sounds like the start of his endgame

- Victor's (stupid) murder story ended with the convenient finding of an alibi

- Newman divorce/clear spring suit...ending today I think

- Jeff Bardwell...

- Jana out of prison...and I'm speculating off the canvas soon...

Almost every lamebrain thing that was done, it seems to me, is being repaired. We're seeing the return of classic flower shots, longer scenes, AND pregnant pauses at the end of scenes. There's a Bell in behind this, I'm telling you! This is just speculation, but I'd be looking for Brad either across the hall, or working furiously from his study at Casa Bell.

Archived