2008: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You're absolutely right...whichever actor it was (who went nameless) said that Brad was getting anxious about the writing after the strike began. Another nameless actor also said that the scripts were arriving in secret and that none of the cast had any idea who was writing them. However, I suspect that one of two things was behind these statements: 1-It's PR to make Brad Bell, on strike and anxious, look good. 2-It was said before Kay Alden went Fi Core. Maybe it was a bit of both. All I'm saying is that if Brad Bell did not trust Kay Alden he would never have let her become the HW during the strike...he would have had Maria Arena Bell pull double duty ;)

• Members

What I mean with No 2 is perhaps Brad Bell just decided to hire nameless scabs or have production staffers do the writing or he did ALL the writing himself and he was alarmed with the quality or felt like he was burning out...meetings were held, palms were greased and Kay Alden went Fi Core.

• Members

I think it comes down to this: Kay loves daytime, she loves the Bells, she's not trying to 'make it' as a writer, she's hit the apex of her career, this strike doesn't look like it'll end soon, she doesn't want B&B to go down the drain creatively when it's been on such an upswing. Essentially, she's taking one for the team.

Archived