Primetime Soaps

• Members

Thanks for posting Paper Dolls! I always wanted to see the movie and just finished it. It was okay, not great. I enjoyed Alexandra Paul. The best thing is, the channel that uploaded it has tons of TV movies and mini series I’d wanted to see. I will be busy on there for awhile. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

And Dynasty's writing was actually pretty good in the first season or two.  Despite the characters being sorta "other-worldly" (probably wouldn't know to change a tire or crank a lawn mower), there was a certain accessibility to them in the beginning.  They initially seemed like "real people", much like the Ewings were on Dallas.  That was completely lost, though, once they ventured into the high camp arena, where practically every scene involved a confrontation, a slap, and someone turning and flouncing out angrily in a sea of boas and plumes.  

• Members

I actually thought the movie was better than people say.

The relationship between Taryn and her mom was toxic...and showed some motivation for her mom's domineering ways.  And the last scene was done well by Daryl Hannah.  Acting ice cold, but when Lauri's back is turned...you see the sadness in her eyes.

And I'm thinking Marc Singer's character had taken advantage of Taryn.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Members

The premiere (minus the last 20 minutes)  of the short-lived Pat Falken Smith Showtime soap, Lone Star Bar & Grill.

@Paul Raven @slick jones @Vee @vetsoapfan @victoria foxton @Chris B @Soaplovers@soapfan770 @dc11786

https://archive.org/details/lone-star-bar-grill-the-long-road-back-premeire-partial

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Had never heard of it before, the description (written by a crew member on IMDB?) is interesting:

This was the first Showtime produced series. Based on a true happening in Dallas TX, where a bunch of housewives were hooking out of a bar. The series was intended to be an "x" rated series but ended up as an "R" rated top less series. The series was released after a change in management at Showtime and though the show earned the highest ratings the network had received to date the show was not picked up and was buried to try to make the old management not look good. WALT GILMORE Unit production manager/1st asstant director

Seems like it was only a pilot that never went to series?

Promo:

• Members

Thanks @DRW50

@te. There were six 90-minute episodes produced and aired, but they didn't air with any consistency. Two episodes premiered in June, 1983, and then a single episode every month until October, 1983. In the summer of 1984, the show was re-run with some frequency with up to two different episodes being repeated. 

In terms of Showtime, it doesn't surprise me that they didn't care about "Lone Star Bar & Grill." In 1982, Showtime has launched "Romance" which was a romantic anthology. It was a story told in 5 parts. Some of it was developed for the network, but at least one story, "33 Brompton Place," was simply bought from another country and repackaged under the "Romance" banner. By November, Marland's "New Day in Eden" was launched with "Romance" folding in December. "Loving Friends, Perfect Couple" launched in January, 1983. "New Day in Eden" would air two episodes a week before rerunning six of the previous episodes in the course of a single week. These reruns ended in May, 1983, right before "Lone Star" came around.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...