The Cocktail Lounge

Scotty

• Members

My first day of work in the UK tomorrow. Ack. Still living in a hostel though, cause I can't find a place yet to give me a 6 month lease. Bah.

Apparently, I want Ravenbeauty dead and have no compassion because I still say and believe she's a hack, even though she's sick. LOL Some people. You can only ever say nice things about a person if they're sick, I guess. And what's worse, both of my parents are cancer survivors (my dad just finished radiation in August) so I know first hand how HORRIBLE that [!@#$%^&*] is and would never wish it anyone.

I have a couple of hickeys from an Irish boy I met at the hostel and went drinking with. Oh lawd, I need me an Irish boy. They make these Brits seem even more like cold fish.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You're Australian, right? That was an entertaining read. biggrin.png I did not know she was sick, I really don't know her or even the site she uses most frequently but I have of course heard of her infamy here at SON. I wish her well.

• Members

BTW, I have toyed with the idea of staying in a hostel in NY before when I'm in the city for short visits but I always end up going for a hotel. I need my time and space in the shower and bathroom. I'm also afraid of bedbugs and waking up in the middle of the night with my foot in some weirdo's mouth. unsure.png How are the hostels over there?

Okay, I thougt you were American and living in L.A. given your fan encounters, but the name Kylie throws me, I know, stupid. tongue.png

• Members

^LMFAO at the foot in a weirdo's mouth.

They're cool. Clean. Place to eat. Place to cook. Common room. But this one is the party hostel and there were 45 Irish male and female college students here. Those guys can DRINK. And are nosiey. But SO fun. (I don't really remember getting the hickey's, but I'm sure I enjoyed it immensely, I can remember other things. LOL) It's a cheap way to stay while I'm flat hunting and safe because of the locks and keys.

• Members

I'm in a room with only 4 beds, and there's been no one else in there in for three nights. So I basically have my own room. I've met so many people from around the world here. Even a few American's passing through Newcastle (LOL, Newcastle isn't the ideal tourist attraction, haha) I like to think that this big bad, American, has made a few people feel more comfortable about us as people.

I was actually telling someone this the other night, how American's and North American's have this idea of what a hostel is. Low class, dirty, filled with druggies and rapists, etc. I've stayed in one in 5 different countries and aside from the noise in one in London, I've had no real complaints or problems. In fact, when I stay in hotels now, it doesn't seem the same. The hostels presented to the American people in movies and what not, aren't what I've seen. Sure there's some [!@#$%^&*] ones, but the decent/good ones are often well within budget and very safe.

• Members

Hostels in my experience can be hit or miss, but in Europe I've never had any problems with them (well I did stay in one in Rome for a few nights that somehow seemed to be--unbeknownst to me--a largely gay hostel and a bit party crazy, not that I minded...) Do they really have a bad view in the US? Here in Western Canada anyway most people my age seem to use them, but we have the whole hippy thing going on here--I never experienced any in Montreal or elsewhere back East.

And yes Irish people are a lot of fun--I worked a few months there right after high school when my dad was working there and I swear--I dunno how people can go out drinking *every* night, etc (granted at the grocery store we worked people actually got away with calling in sick when it was obvious they were just hungover...)

• Members

Ok, we have a conservative radio talk show host here locally, and she had a congressman on as guest tonight, and a woman called in and asked what he thought she should do, and what her daughter should do in the future if Obamacare is overturned... her daughter was 12 years old and has Crohn's disease, and has to have expensive treatments every 6 months, which cost 9,000$ every time, 18 inches of her intestines has been removed three times already. It just broke my heart. And this congressman just gave some song and dance about how we "Need to increase competition so the procedure would be cheaper... blah blah blah" he also said that that Obama wants to pay for it by shifting everyone's money around to pay for the procedures which are too expensive, and this drives the cost up. He might as well have said "Screw your little girl, I want lower taxes" and the host agreed and kissed his ass, of course. I went to her facebook page and wrote this:

"The lady who called with the 12 year old daughter with Crohn's disease was heartbreaking. And his answer was to increase competition? That might lower the cost of procedures to a degree... but you actually think a 9,000$ treatment is going to drop low enough to be affordable for anyone? You'd be living in a dream world. And no insrance company will EVER take her. The REAL answer to her question is that if Obamacare is overturned, that little girl has got a lifetime of pain and financial struggle ahead of her because nobody givees a [!@#$%^&*] about anyone but themselves and their own selfish materalism and desires. And I know you support him, Darla... but the idea of peace of mind doesn't appeal to you at all? Radio is not the most secure of industries to work in, if your career hit's the skids, you lose your job and your health fails you... what would you do? Hope for the best? If you don't work for a corporation, as it stands now, no insrance company would come near you. If you don't have a company to work for, are you going to wing it? Cross your fingers and pray? Russ Johnson was out of work and diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis, and no safety net to help out, because until he was in a wheelchair, he wouldn't qualify for Medicaid. No wonder he killed himself. If the man had SOME hope, he might still be here. Thank you Darla, for trying to kill hope for millions around the country. And thank congressman Kevin Yoder for me, too. "

Think I was too harsh? (the man I mentioned was a former talk show host on that same station)

• Members

Dang... facebook friends are such drama queens! LOL But I have a friend who is a closet case married to a female minister, and I guess he got drunk and posted a bunch of pictures of men in their underwear in various states of arousal sucking on each other's toes on his wall. Poor fool laugh.png

Archived