The Cocktail Lounge

Scotty

• Members

It is such a frightening thought isn't it? No wife, no kids, no grandkids, and for me, no siblings.....just cousins who may or may not decide they want to help me and visit me in a nursing home....I've seen that happen to other people and I just keep praying that it will never happen to me but at this rate, it just might...

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm actually more concerned about being old and broke than old and alone. :lol: There's someone for EVERYone out there, trust that. But you have got to get yourself out there as cliche as it sounds. Don't go out LOOKING for a mate, just GO OUT... with an open mind. And if bars aren't for you they won't be for your potential mate either so go to social places where people have a shared interest in that establishment's vibe.

• Members

It is scary to think about it.

Well I worry about being broke then too......lol. The triple threat.....old, alone, and broke. Yeah I don't do bars, but I hear ya about other places....that makes me wish I didn't live in such a little town. But yeah, I know that there is someone out there for everyone, but I just wish I could hurry up and find them.....lol.

• Members

It's just sad.....because you just want the companionship (among other things of course, lol).....someone there to tell about your day, to cuddle with, to confide in, to share things with, to just see their face and realize how lucky you are that you have someone you care so much about.....that's what you really miss when you are alone.....and the silence just reinforces the reality that you are truly alone....

The nearest bars from me are at least an hour and a half or more away.....a lot of work just to cruise for a woman......lol.

• Members

LOL....I hear ya. I just don't do the bar scene. That being said I still plan on getting my self out there soon.....just have to get over this one first. And at least one person is already wanting to fix me up in the near future....so why not? lol

• Members

I've never had a boyfriend even once--not even a date yet! And I'll be 24 in February. I'm happy that I have my college education and am beginning my career now, but I still feel behind relationship-wise (okay, I am behind relationship-wise laugh.png ).

Just a question for you guys: if someone tells you that if they had a sister, they'd want them to be like you, does that mean any relationship hopes have been dashed (even if they didn't say that you actually were like a sister to them)? I just hate thinking that every guy I'm interested in would rather have me as a friend or a sister instead sad.png .

• Members

I don't necessarily think it means he doesn't want you romantically. It could just mean he thinks you're loving, kind, generous, etc. and that he'd love to have you as a part of his family.

Or, it could mean there will *never* be any penetration there.

It could really go either way.

Archived