The Cocktail Lounge

Scotty

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think its that uncommon, I hear people say it.

Aww, don't feel bad. I'm 25 and don't date much either. I'm not really good at relationship advice (I've pretty much tanked every relationship I've ever had), but I don't think he doesn't want to date you. That might just be has way of saying how cool he thinks you are or how much he thinks of you as a person.

And since this seems to be the advice/rant thread, I need some advice (and to rant a little). My unemployed sister and her unemployed boyfriend are living with me in my house on my dime. Both of them don't do anything but sleep half the day, watch Downton Abbey, and go to the beach while I work all day. They contribute absolutely nothing- the house is paid for and the only bills are the insurance, water and energy. I have to buy all the food and half the the time, I end up paying for their petrol because they supposedly never have money (but they mysteriously have money to buy clothes, dvds, and to get take away all the time). Her boyfriend is a hypochondriac who goes to hospital a lot for any number of alleged ailments and thus apparently makes it hard for him to find a job (whatever). My sister is just flat out spoiled, lazy, entitled, and doesn't follow through with anything she's suppose to do. At this very moment, I'm listening to her rant and throw a tantrum because her friend (who is from what I gather having a hard go of things right now) hasn't paid her back $200 dollars she lent her (where my sister got this money I don't know) and how this friend is awful, a c*nt, the worst person ever, and on and on and on. Yet my sister NEVER pays anyone back any money she ever borrows from anyone but is having a tantrum about someone doing the same thing to her that she constantly does to other people. Any time I try to talk to her about any of her behaviour she either a. says she's still grieving from our mother's death and can't handle anything, b. throws a tantrum, c. refuses to accept any blame for any of her actions, or d. acts like a b*tch. This is all on top of my brother crashing here half the time and then taking off for weeks at a time and then showing back up unannounced. Its exhausting. I'm just so tired of them and have no idea what do- anybody got ideas?

And now to rant for a minute- my other sister and her lazy friend are now living in my flat and paying me rent to live there. They're pretty good about paying the rent, but they are constantly doing other stuff to drive me crazy Just yesterday, my sister informs me that she hasn't paid the energy bill in two months and that she is on her third and final notice about it! If she needed help for a month, I would have helped her (especially since its all in my name) but of course she's waited till the very last moment to tell me about this and now I'm going to have to pay for two months and a heap of late charges. Lovely. Ugh, all of these people are over 18 and I'm not their parent and having to parent them is become extremely draining.

• Members

I met him when I began my new (short-term) job over a month ago (yes, we work together). We're both from out of state, and we bonded over that and competing college sports teams, lol (and other things, too, but those particular ongoing jokes). He also remembered certain little details about me that I'd mentioned that I thought indicated further interest (I DO read "Does he like me" posts online, I admit it). He's very sweet, and I'm pretty shy and often soft-spoken, so when I started trying to flirt and sound sassier (as it's been termed), it was noticed and considered cute. But apparently, it was interpreted as being a sisterly thing. I did tell him I found it sweet that he wanted a sister like me though, which he appreciated. Yeah, I wanted more, but I'm happy to have more guy friends. And he did say I was an attractive girl when I was talking to him about my inexperience in dating/relationships (I didn't tell him I had never dated, though--I thought I still had a chance, and I didn't want to scare him off! haha) and my fear that my looks might have had something to do with it (I will say that's mostly me worrying over nothing--I'm a blonde-haired, blue-eyed girl, with a medium body weight, although I do want to lose a little bit more). Like I said, I'm happy that I've been making progress in my career, but having such a stagnant, nonexistent love life up to now, even though I'm still quite young, can suck sometimes.

I'm not going to worry about dating him right now, though. I think he genuinely meant the sister thing as a compliment towards my character, and I don't want to create drama where it isn't needed.

And no rush on the signature, boo. Hell, I've been so busy with work, I'm too damn lazy to catch up with GH nowadays! laugh.png Sometime soon, though, I will, and then I'll return to the show's thread. I MISS you guys over there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Thanks, buddy. Nothing's happening now, though. He knows I liked him, because I told him, but he told me he makes it a point not to get involved with people he works with, which I totally understand (even if I don't think that always has to be strictly followed). He has given me advice, though, particularly about me working on self-confidence, something which I do admit I need to work on sometimes. I felt a little awkward about telling him at first--particularly since I really didn't NEED to, given the circumstances--but I think we're going to be okay now, and really, it's a short-term job, and we'll both be going back to our home states soon, anyway. I do hope to stay in touch with him, though, as friends. And to use him to meet other guys as well. :lol:

And he was flattered that I was interested in him, which was definitely nice. :)

• Members

Lately, I have been strongly hit on by two married women, my same age-ish, one of whom is in a failing relationship, the other rumored to be with a guy who is maybe a little "flexible" in terms of his sexuality. Granted, I am a pretty sensitive guy who posts on a soap opera message board for God's sake, so I'm not exactly masculinity personified, but I do get very nice superficial comments from both sexes (I work in the arts) though I am super gay-friendly but down with the ladies. Something I have always struggled with is my inherent/learned kindness which has given more people than I care to remember the impression that I was into them and consequently that I "led them on." It's a lose-lose because a lot of girls are drawn to real dicks (no pun intended), and I've tried to be that at times with varying degrees of success, but it is so much easier to just be yourself... the dude who will [!@#$%^&*] your brains out then cuddle you to Golden Girls reruns. :/ I know I will find my match one of these days, but no rush, because I can barely support myself let alone a wife and kids.

• Members

So there I am at Walmart getting some odds and ends when I get to the chips/soad section of the store....there's a 20 something cute guy putting Coca Cola drinks up....he is cute...of course I am checking him out....while he puts more cokes up his pants starting falling.....wub.png down comes his pants and he gray brief underwear come out...nice view...got to see his hot ass and backside...what a view....he finally realizes his pants have fallen lower than expected and raises them up. I was so close to telling him... Hot view....lol

Archived