The Cocktail Lounge

Scotty

• Members

I dated a girl with a very thick dark coarse shrub that I did not care for one bit and in hindsight it's amazing how you go against your own standards when you are so head over heels for someone. She also wore sneakers without socks that made her feet smell like a jar of pickles, Lord keep me near the cross... What I also find particularly unattractive is when girls have hair on their inner thighs. Brazilian with a landing strip is the most attractive imo. So yes I prefer minimal hair, but otoh, being all red and irritated and bumped when shaved made the effort hardly worth it.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't know if I should ask him out, per se. We're not "there" yet, but what I want to do is at least make it clear to him that I'm interested, just like I'd like it if he made it clear to me that he's interested (or not, whatever the situation may be). He's not a gym bunny at all, trust me, but he's pretty fit and lean, and knowing several of his exes, I figure he generally sticks to guys who are the same. IDK. I don't think he would be shallow, but I could be wrong...and the "could be" is enough for me to be terrified.

The problem, though, is that I can NOT flirt with gay guys to save my life. I've flirted with enough straight guys to last a lifetime, though, and it's because I know that when they reject me, it's not because of me, it's because they're straight. Being rejected by a gay guy, though, means that it's something wrong with me. IDK. I have very brittle feelings unsure.png

I don't think that's the case, but I do agree that it's a dead end with him, so yeah. As far as someone being flattered and taking advantage of my feelings? Been there, done that...and never. a-f!ckin-gain.

• Members

LOL...I dont see any problem with it. Or should I say I dont have a problem talking about it.

Your story sounds a lot like mine. Mine was a summer crush that went south. Good luck with your guy. As much as I say I wouldnt have approached him....I would do it all over again. Go for it AMS.

I've had the flu almost all week...ugh...on a brightside I finally got my laptop I wanted....yay!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I never knew this thread was here! How exciting lol. AMS, your story is a page turner! I can't wait to see what happens. I have the same problem where I'm really shy. I'm very outgoing in general, but when it comes to guys I'm just too afraid of rejection. I can see a hot guy looking at me and giving me all the right signals, but I can't go that next step to seal the deal. I always think second guess myself, then regret it. But sometimes my inner hussy comes out and I own it and can dominate a room, but that's usually when I'm not looking and just want attention lol. My new years resolution needs to be to focus on dating more. 2011 was a dry year for me in that regard.

Right now I have a work guy in the works, but it's very complicated and involves that aformentioned hussy side. I'm the biggest flirt, but when every now and then somebody takes you seriously then I don't know what to do. That's where I'm at now. A sea of contradictions basically.

• Members

Wow, I dunno the completely waxed/shaved thing is so ridiculous to me and I know it's caught on with straight guys too. I don't want to feel like I'm wih a preteen... Keeping things in check is well and good, but...

I assume you don't like body hair in general then (because nothing is more ridiculous than someone being clean shaven down there and having even a bit of chest hair--believe me, I've seen)

Archived