The Cocktail Lounge

Scotty

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I dated a guy who shaved his legs... Which I admit truly bothered me--even though normally I'm all for doing what you want. The thing is he was stereotypically masculine, had armpit hair (though he trimmed), didn't pluck his eyebrows, etc--and wasn't a hairy guy (I'd always tease him about how pathetic his attempts at growing facial hair invariably were). But he had some issue with his leg hairs... I dunno--stubble, ingrown hairs, and evenb just smooth legs on a guy kinda weird me out. As would someone who shaved his pubes (which for the record he didn't...)

I do often think Iw as born in the wrong decade--I love disco music, would have loved 1970s soaps, have the 1970s hairy chest thing down, and it was the era of free love--I really should have come of age in the 70s (though I would happily skip the 80s and all its problems...)

• Members

Aw..I grow facial hair like a weed....lol. I actually like how I look with facial hair instead of clean shaven. I couldnt shave my legs....not me. 70's was a great decade..I grew up with all the disco music...still love it to this day. Too bad I wasnt old enough to participate in more mature stuff....lol...even though I tried...lol

• Members

Yeah I'm the same way--I used to shave twice a day (my face I mean :P ) but now just trim it every other day--I like how it looks better anyway (and it seems scruffy guys are in at least in terms of what you see on tv and with models--so I'm trendy or something)

I didn't wanna be a downer in the cocktail lounge... ;)

• Members

LOL *shudder* do I have that to look forward to as well? ;) Scary... I'm beginning to get why Monty Clift (who in the few candids is as hairy as I get) spent so much money on electrolysis (of course back in those days the studios had huge issues with body hair--you had to shave for shirtless scenes unless you were in a sexless role like a bible epic where it was ok--otherwise the hair made it too sexual. I think that's one reason the 70s got so hairy--it was a rebellion or something to show that on screen lol)

• Members

For me yes....lol..I dont recall seeing your photo. I remember on the GL board thinking certain posters were female but were male...such posters like IndiaFan and RoseDaisyViolet who posts here. I wish I could talk to IndiaFan ....I lost all contact with him.

• Members

For me, it hit about 39, and your'e right, it's not that bad, but since it annoys an average guy like me, I could only imagine it would be much worse for someone if they were on the above average side... I imagine it would be a case of "the bigger they are, the harder they fall" ohmy.pngJoan Rivers has added this to her comedy act now, so I guess I'm not the only one noticing it . Bottom line, is getting older is a real bitch, and I'm only 43, so God knows what's in store later on. I shudder to think.

Archived