The Cocktail Lounge

Scotty

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hate it when you can't tell the difference between shyness and disinterest. How many times should you ask someone out before you stop asking? And I know I've been guilty of this in the past, putting people on "hold" until *I* was ready and here they were in their feelings across town because I was unresponsive when in fact I was interested and just a little insecure. Serves me right. Ugh.

• Members

FINALLY.

I'm very guilty of that as well. My insecurities have eaten me alive most of my life, so I've rarely sucked it up and told someone that I was interested. The one time I did, I ended up being strung along for two and a half years, so yeah...I'm not really ready to put my heart back out there again.

• Members

Another thing I've learned... people talk a good game. They think they are so deep and mature and they're looking for likewise, and then they go about playing this elementary school crap. As you can see, I just picked up my diploma from U Mad (MFA Hating, Minor in FB Stalking).

• Members

SFK and AMS - I am right there with you. I'm very insecure and almost never admit to anyone that I'm interested. Very recently a girl I was very interested in strung me along and flirted back quite a bit, even implying she was interested. Imagine my surprise then next morning when I log on and see her fresh new relationship status on Facebook.

• Members

The first boy I ever loved...like, seriously...the first person I ever truly felt *love* for came into the store where I work last night with his girlfriend.

I thought I was over that motherf!cker.

As soon as he spotted me, he came over to where I was working and told his girlfriend to "go do whatever, Ima sit here and talk with him." She got an epic bitchface because he didn't even bother to introduce her to me. And so he and I talked for 30 minutes, catching up on all that's been going on in our lives the last few years, and then at the end, he says "Call me sometime, me and you can do something, just the two of us," and he hugs me.

WTF!!!

EVERY SINGLE TIME I realize that I've gotten over him, we have a random chance encounter and everything comes rushing back to me. And it sucks now because I'm thinking about actively pursuing a guy I work with, so it's like....a potential future with the work guy versus rekindling a questionable past with the other guy, who, might I add, I first crushed on when I was like 10 years old.

I'm not used to having a choice of men.

• Members

I'm gonna ask a couple questions - Forgive me if they're too personal.

Were you two ever an "item"? Or was it just that you had feelings for him? Because it definitely seems that he was flirting with you, which makes me ask - is he bi? Or is he just hiding that he's gay?

Archived