The Cocktail Lounge

Scotty

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

Hey guys! I'm working as a counsellor at a criminal detention centre, in French mostly. The men are much more accomodating than the women. They call me Mr. G and ask if I need help getting around (I walk with a cane now). It has been great listening to them and helping them learn how to read, in two languages.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Not sure if this is the right forum or not.....

I've received some bad news a few weeks ago. My father was fishing and when he went to load his boat back into the truck, he passed out and had to have someone drive him home. Come to find out the following Monday that he had lost 6 pints of blood! So, they did some blood transfusions and he is feeling better but....

Recent blood tests have shown that he is not anemic and B12 is good, so now it's a probable case of leukemia. The doctors are saying his bone marrow is "dead" and he's not producing any red blood cells on his own. Now I guess it's a matter of time until the biopsy comes back and we find out his prognosis.

:(:(:(

I just lost my Mom a couple years ago and now this....<sigh>

• Members

I am so sorry to hear this. All of my prayers and good karma thoughts are with you and your dad. I lost my mom 5 months ago and it is still unbearable. The actress who plays Caroline Brady reminds me of my mom and I break down every time she is on screen. Her mannerisms are even like my moms. Thank God she doesn't get a lot of airtime ^_^

• Members

Rakesh and UCLAN, thank you both so much for your well wishes. I really appreciate that.

UCLAN....I'm sorry about your mother. I don't believe there is anything worse in this world we have to go through than the loss of our parents and especially our mothers. It was - as still is - my worst nightmare come to life. After over 2 years now it still feels like yesterday. I think of her - as I'm sure you do your own mom - many many times everyday. You are in my prayers and hopes that a brighter day will come for you, my friend.

• 2 months later...

Archived