The Cocktail Lounge

Scotty

• Members

Okay, I'm torn. My friends want me to go to a big Halloween party in NYC. Its the Alegria party, a huge gay circuit party, and tickets are 50.00 advanced. I've been many times, and I always have fun. But its been a while since I've been.

What should I do? :)

www.alegriaevents.com

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Congratulations! You deserve it. Will you have people who directly report to you?

So after a nap, I went shopping. I bought a couple sweaters, a black wool coat that I despreatly needed (ok, Mom bought that and is giving it to me for Christmas) and the cutest pair of shoes. They are black, white, red and grey plaid flats. So comfortable.

Shawn, I have about thrity shoes as well. That I wear. I have more that I don't wear but I just can't bear to part with shoes. Because what if I want to wear them again?

• Members

Yeah, well, for me the dollar store is a five minute walk. I can't think of any opthalmologist I know of who would repair my glasses; I'd get the "I am a DOCTOR" response. They hate us nurses :lol:

My dispensing optician is a 20 minute drive away, but she'd do it for free.

• Members

I don't quite see why you're torn--I mean you haven't said a con to your argument yet--unless it's the money (50 bucks is a lot but on big party nights often you end up paying a lot regardless I find). If they're the friends you wanna spend Halloween with then I say go...

I'd go. Well I woulda 3-5 years back--I'm 27 but already feel a bit of an old man when it comes to circuit parties and other big things like that that I used to be able to do all weekend long and be fine the next day (Montreal has their big Black and Blue this weekend)

• Members

I'm torn because I don't know if I want to surround myself with a bunch of tweaked out tina freaks (my friends excluded).

I think I will go though, because the DJ is one of my faves.

I've been to Black and Blue before. Been to Montreal quite a few times. I remember the bar Parking or something like that. It was fun (from what I can remember :lol:)

I'm 25, but in NYC you can be 50 and still go out to the circuit parties. I avoid twink havens though, cuz just walking into those clubs makes you feel like a pedophile by association.

• Members

so im at work.. and i think i took on more than i can handle with this job.

i do the audit at a hotel, andi just cant seem to get it right.

maybe itx cuz i never sleep now, working 2 jobs, and still going out, and doing school on the net. i dont sleep... ever.

im gonna cry. zack & kellys wedding from saved by the bell is on.

• Members

Naps are the best thing. I wish that we could have a two hour break every day so that we could take a nap to rejuvinate. It ouight to be required for everyone. I love naps. I think it would make people less grouchy.

• Members

I've had it. I have done so much for someone, been there when asked, been a shoulder to cry on, put aside many an hour to make things "ok" for this person yet when I need to talk, I get not even a "How are you". How self absorbed. I'm done

Archived