VARIETY Confirms Passions Cancellation

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's why I'm celebrating. I no longer have a favorite soap thanks to these lame writers and their constantly playing favorites, propping, piss poor writing, lack of originality, regurgitation of tired stories, mistreatment of well-proven veterans, etc.. I'm celebrating because one by one these soaps are going down.

This is the dawn of a new beginning! One by one, DOWN. Whatever's left of soaps will be moving to MyNetwork TV. Once NBC phases out Days as well, other networks will soon follow suit. They won't be able to help themselves, or explain the overhead cost.

Please don't rob me of my joy. I've patiently waited two years for this. Please don't. I am bursting with excitement.

• Members

Don't know if this has been posted...the board is running slow...so here is this from the Yahoo homepage:

This is so sad...but 'Later Today' didn't work...so why do they think it is going to work again and at the sake of Passions. I think what makes Today work is the combo that Al, Meredith, Matt and Ann have...so with no Matt and no Meredith what is going to make them what to tuune iin. Blah! On you NBC....SAVE PASSIONS!!

Among other things that is upsetting me with the cancelationo of Passions

• Members

I'd love to see Passions spun off into a half-hour animated series starring Tabitha and Endora, and centring around the supernatural elements. I think in the series finale, the "real" Harmony world should turn into a cartoon. I'd love to see Tabby, Endora, Hecuba, Grace, Faith, Charity, Miguel, Jessica, Kay, Miguel, Fox, Reese, Sam, Norma, Edna, and others appear on this show.

Maybe Passions will continue in a series of novels, like sequels to Hidden Passions. I certainly hope so. Or maybe we will see Passions the video game?

• Members

I have not been a fan of Passions but wishing cancelation on any of the remaining soaps and celebrating when it does happen is awful! If you are a true daytime fan you will realize this is going to hurt the genre as we have known it for years!! Within the FEW days of Passions news ABC began developing their additional hour and that is horrible, because one of our beloved soaps are going down. Yes as viewers, we bitch and moan all the time, but to wish cancelation on it is awful.

I'm sorry but I am not celebrating this, I think I'm going to pull out my widow weave and mourn!!

• Members

Are people seriously holding on a GRUDGE over Another World's cancellation? Honestly.

Next I'm going to hear CAPITOL fans jumping for joy when The Bold & the Beautiful is cancelled.

I thought most of us were a mature bunch here but I'm not sure anymore...

Archived