VARIETY Confirms Passions Cancellation

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just had a thought.

There's discussion that Passions may end up on SoapNet or air pay-per-view on the internet.

With the possibility that Passions may turn up elsewhere, JER can't very well wrap up all the storylines just incase it continues on someplace else.

So, I'm wondering... what if JER wrote the end of the show without anything resolved, in hopes that the show would get picked up by SoapNet or air on the internet, only for the show to NOT get picked up?

That would really suck for fans, LoL. Because then you'd have an unresolved ending with unresolved plots, and no place else for it to pick up where it left off.

• Members

Kenny, do not even JOKE about that, lol. Or bring it up.

That has honestly been on mind ALL WEEK. I hope JER doesn't pull a Mark Schwann or whoever at One Tree Hill had THAT bright idea. That was the gamble ofa LIFETIME and in "Passions'" case, the outcome would be even LESS likely. (And OTH was already the longest shot).

• Members

JSF-don't you there mention the word ugly and my beloved Maura Tierney in the same sentence again. ok? I LOVE her!! :lol:

Having got that off my chest, PC did a similar ending where they left everything wide open because it was the end of an arc and they never got a chance to film a last episode, It was one of the cons of their filming schedule. It sucked because the ending was great and the potential stories that were coming looked like they were going to be interesting. The finale was a big cliffhanger though. I could honestly see JER doing something like that thinking Passions will find a home. He could blow up Harmony or something. It would suck big time if he did that and that was the end. I would hope they would do a primetime special or something to tie things up if that were the case but soaps don't do primetime anymore, sadly.

Archived