VARIETY Confirms Passions Cancellation

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm really sorry for all of you Passions fans. I never really watched Passions, but I know how what it feels like to lose a show that you like. It isn't easy losing something that you've invested in, and enjoyed 5 hours a week, for years.

It's too bad that people actually take pleasure in a show's cancellation. I remember when Another World went off the air, and people were happy about it, saying almost the same things that people have/will say about Passions being cancelled now.

Say what you will about Passions, but even if it wasn't your type of show it's cancellation will have a huge effect on the rest of daytime. Like other posters have said, with the state that the genre is in right now, this cancellation will begin a domino effect that will forever change Daytime TV as we know it.

We shouldn't be calling for the cancellation of a show because we don't like it, or it isn't what it used to be. We should be working on finding ways to see these shows (and the genre itself) improve before it's too late.

• Members

Preach it Shakur!!! The cancelation of Passions has now sparked ABC to think about their morning lineup and GMA going another hour...this is of course going to have huge effects on this genre as a whole!!!! Daytime is a unfortunately a dying breed. And I'm sad! :(

• Members

I say just let PASSIONS go, if it can't stay on network daytime TV. I don't want to see it end, but it's already not going out with much dignity. Putting it on MyNetworkTV or SoapNet or wherever would only prolong its misery.

• Members

As for the show going to another network, I honestly don't see that happening. In all my years of watching soaps, only two shows have changed networks (EON and SFT) and where are they now? Of course I realize that now we have more networks, the internet and all that, but none of them offered to pick up PC, SuBe, etc. and I don't think they will be willing to pick up Passions either. I also think that NBC can hardly wait to rid itself of JER.

• Members

Looking around the 'net, it's incredible how many people still refuse to believe that Passions has been cancelled, even after it was confirmed by Variety. Denial really ain't just a river in Egypt! They want to hear it from NBC or they won't believe it. It's nuts. Many of us have been there and done that as far as seeing our favorite soap cancelled but were we ever this bad?

• Members

JER is done in daytime forever. No one will even touch him in their most desperate hour now. He won't except anything other than a HW position and no one is gonna be offering. He did this to himself and has in the end screwed the fans royally. I didn't watch passions, but I know how this feels. I went through this with AW and it gets hard to know your show isn't gonna be there anymore.

Archived