VARIETY Confirms Passions Cancellation

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks Toups! Let's hope MyNetworkTV decides to take it. I would love Passions at 9:00pm

PSNS is big in the 12-17, 12-24, and 12-34 demos, so even if half of PSNS audience would follow it to MNTV it would still get better ratings that Watch Over Me or Wicked Wicked Games. I have blinders on I know, but I ain't giving up yet :lol:

Your such a doll Kenny ;)

• Members

I watched Passions when it first premiered..I was real curious as to what the show was going to be like...I was hooked for the longest time, however, just lost interest in it when I saw that some of the storylines weren't going to move along...

I know a lot of folks who watch the show will truly miss it...It's unfortunate that viewers will once again lose an NBC soap.

• Members

This does upset me a little bit, though.

Not that I want Passions to go. I'm just upset that NBC never gave an option to "Another World." There was no SoapNet then, no MyNetworkTV, and it wasn't marketable over the internet.

• Members

Sorry, guys, but I DON'T get My Network TV. A big 'NO' to that one.

CW, I'll accept.

Syndication, I think, is the show's best bet.

It's nice that the net likes the show enough to consider these options.

(Oh, who should eat crow, for saying the net didn't like the show, all those posts ago in another thread? I forgot).

• Members

It's sad the other thread came to an end. I missed one heck of a fight but, hopefully, we can keep all that out of here.

Anyways, this is sad and I agree that it's highly unlikely for Passions to be moved to another network. MyNetworkTV is struggling and while Passions has had good success on the net with their tie-ins and what not, I can't see it doing well on it for good. Sopanet would be hard because many don't have it and Passions doesn't have enough history to make people follow it like Days and others would. I mean, any soap moving to Soapnet would take a hit but Passions has lower ratings and less history so they would be hit hard.

The best option is The CW. Too bad Fox wasn't still in the market for daytime soaps as it was rumored they were in the late 90's. They may have been a good fit too.

If Passions did make it on another network, I would love it trimmed to a half hour. It only focuses on the same characters most of the time anyway so trim it down to the main characters and go from there.

Personally, I think it's gone come August. It's sad. So much potential. I agree with whoever said it hurts more that another hour of Today is the replacement. It would hurt nonetheless, though.

I remember when the show first premiered. The expectations were so high and, after the first year, I remember looking at the ratings and buzz thinking that the show was on it's way. It hit a 2.9 and it was riding high. It took a tumble in 2002-2003 and then had a second tumble in late 2005-present that it never recovered from. I blame JER for this completely.

I hate NBC cancelled it but I can see why. I didn't want them too but they had reason. I do blame them for not getting more involved in Passions and pushing JER but no one tells him what to do so it probably would've did nothing anyway.

I feel horrible for the cast. The reactions had to be heartbreaking.

As for JER, he can kiss my ass for what he has done. Not only did he nearly kill Days but he killed his own show and his actions may have been the spark to what was an already volitile daytime landscape and now the domino effect may be beginning.

This sucks :(

Archived