Heroes / Heroes Reborn: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

I will say that if they are going to do this, IMO it was wise to just do it as a miniseries and not try to bring it back open-ended. Between this, the return of 24 and the CW's Veronica Mars "digital spinoff" it seems like rebooting your own canceled series might become a thing. I wonder what will be the next show to be brought back from the dead by the same network that killed it. I wouldn't be surprised to see ABC revive Pushing Daisies in some form. That would make more sense than this Broadway musical version Bryan Fuller has been talking about.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would imagine all the networks are getting desperate. Each year fewer and fewer people watch their networks and their so-called hits have zero impact on pop culture. If I read the ratings charts correctly, The Walking Dead got 13 million people watching last week. That was more than all the network shows and that is even with the less true every day notion that not all homes have cable.

• 2 months later...
  • Administrator

HEROES REBORN – The saga behind the 2006 breakout series “Heroes” will continue as creator Tim Kring returns to the fold and develops new layers to his original superhero concept. This highly anticipated 13-episode miniseries will reconnect with the basic elements of the show’s first season where ordinary people were waking up to the fact that they had extraordinary abilities. This series will be preceded by a new digital series that will introduce audiences to the new characters and storylines that will take the “Heroes” phenomenon to new places.

• Members
Dont know but honestly hope they arent or at least their involvement is kept to a minimal. Too much reliance on Sylar and the Petrelli's ruined the show. Id love to see the original concept re-explored with random people discovering they have powers and what that means for them in a relatively normal world.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • Administrator

“HEROES REBORN”

From original creator Tim Kring, the Supernatural phenomenon begins again with a fresh crop of inspiring heroes who take on the ultimate struggle between those with extraordinary abilities and those with nefarious motives to hunt and harness their powers. Epic adventures await these newly empowered allies as they cross paths with some of the original characters (such as the beloved “HRG” and fan-favorite time-traveler Hiro Nakamura), unlocking the mysterious fate of the universe and their place within it.

The cast of “Heroes Reborn” includes Jack Coleman, Zachary Levi, Masi Oka, Judith Shekoni, Robbie Kay, Henry Zebrowski, Kiki Sukezane, Ryan Guzman, Danika Yarosh, Toru Uchikado, Eve Harlow and Gatlin Green.

Tim Kring serves as writer and executive producer. Peter Elkoff and James Middleton also executive produce. “Heroes Reborn” is produced by Universal Television, Imperative Entertainment and Tailwind Productions.

• Members

NBC is the most desperate of all of the networks, so this will be interesting. Maybe it will force NBC to make some Fox style risks since their comedy heydays.

I agree with the general consensus that Sylar pretty much ruined the series. He should have died at the end of the first season, as that was the logical end point of the season. They loved Quinto too much, and he persisted season after season which ruined the natural narrative of the show. I think Peter was a good central protagonist (more or less), but it just got too far fetched season after season.

Archived