Heroes / Heroes Reborn: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Jack, I have to disappoint you: I'm not watching it. I'll wait until it ends so that I can view the whole season in one session.

I still believe it is a sprawling mess.

To think I once hoped this show might have been up there with Lost as the most compelling... :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I still remember the disappointment this show gave me.... I watched all of Season 1, week by week, religiously; I had my issues with the show, particularly with the fact that it's characters were characterless--the only distinguishing feature they had was their powers--but I took the show for the eye-candy it was. I waited a whole season for the climax of the story--the human bomb, etc.--and then the season finale came and it was one of the biggest disappointments/cop-outs I had ever, ever seen. I watched a couple of episodes into Season 2, but I just had to give up on this show...

Back then, I didn't know about Fuller and his input on the show. Later, I discovered and fell in love with PUSHING DAISIES, even though I was not a regular viewer. Then, I found out that Fuller left the show just before the season finale. And I realized the impact the man must have had on the show. In other words, get rid of Kring--who turned this show into a MESS--and get Fuller.

• Administrator

Damn that sucks. They were the two main directors. I always liked Producer/Directors or "home base" directors. I guess they're just going to use freelance directors now.

It also sucks that Kring is not going to be fired. The show is in desperate need of a new showrunner.

• Members

The ending was never a problem for me. What did people expect? I thought it was good, even very good. However, there were a whole lot of other problems plaguing this show: suddenly everyone started having special abilities, the abilities themselves were laughable, the tone shifted from extraordinary things happening to ordinary people into a total parody of that, it was just "shocking", extraordinary things all the time. It started to lose a unique purpose, even today I have absolutely no idea what this show was about and what they want to explain by the end of the series, it just got lost in a plethora of silly plots.

Then Sylar happened — I'm sorry, but it's him and not Claire that's killing this show. Zachary Quinto can't act. There. Then Japan happened, one of the worst stories ever told on a primetime TV show...

It's getting very, extreeeemely close to being un-reshapable. These show runners need to get their act together and whip this into shape. This very minute. The filming starts in June so I hope some of these problems have been addressed.

• Members

Sylar is eating the show no two ways about it. They needed to kill him off as soon as season one ended. But instead they made him indestructable. Bad choice. I love ZQ but Sylar is ruining the show and the show in general just has no direction and is it just me or does the cast seem to be shrinking. There are little to no significant players other then the Petrelli's: Claire, Peter, Nathan/Sylar and then other random people who don't really matter or don't have signficant story: HRG, Matt and Ando/Hiro.

The other cast members are used as day players. FauxNiki doesn't matter and neither does Mohinder. Our heroes don't matter and they are all related to one another. I have no clue where this series is going. Which is sad because everything from Cold Snap until the second to last episode was rather watch able.

• Members

They've killed all the great characters (like Niki, Simone and Isaac, all of whom I love; especially Simone). Then they've added a platoon of these silly little cartoon characters and started toying with them like children, assigning all sorts of hilarious powers and all... I also liked that omniscient girl, Charlie was it?

Instead of focusing on humanity of these people, they've soaked us in these exceptional abilities and it all went south...

That Usutu guy and the whole African ark... :rolleyes:

Mohinder also had potential, but they just kept writing him as an idiot.

Archived