Heroes / Heroes Reborn: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

I don't know what side Noah is working for, and I have my idea's on who Rebel can be.

I have a feeling that Claire already knows who this person is.

At first I thought that it may have been Noah, but then he was there when she got a message, unless he was able to have the message sent to her at a certain time.

As for Sylar, they know how to kill him, but has anyone actually tried shooting him in te back of the head yet and then cutting of his head.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

I started this discussion in the status threads but it seems better to move it here. I'm trying to work out...

What Happened to Heroes?

First, I'm not trying to be negative but this show used to be a-ppoint-ment television for me. I am a fangirl always looking for a new fandom. I have a Nathan Petrelli for Congress sign in my office. But now when I get around to watching it, I usually find one "cool" and five "WTFs" in a sea of "meh."

I know the writers strike did a LOT of damage but the show has hosed itself all by itself. I know the show is different from Kring's original vision and maybe he's never been able to synergize to two visions. That's where Brian Fuller was very helpful. I felt like he did a really good job of realizing what Kring was trying to do but Fuller can't seem to bring himself to stay and over the last year the show has let go of a lot of the original behind the scenes talent.

When Tim Kring apologized to the fans of Heroes for the suckage of S2, I was blown away. He'd heard the complaints and respected the audience enough to respond. (Just try to picture a soap showrunner doing that!) But know I feel like if he gave an apology for everything that's gone wrong since he'd give a speech that would run longer than Khaddafi's at the UN.

• Administrator

Exactly! I don't get Tim Kring doesn't bring the "heroes" together. It totally sucks when they have seperate storylines and don't interact. The show would be so much better if they became a group.

Tim Kring doesn't "understand" the comic book/superhero universe - he's not a fanboy. You need a fanboy to write a serialized show about superheroes.

Whatever. This show is done. This will be the last season. NBC's already shorten the amount of episodes.

• Members

I have emphasized many of the show's faults several pages back. Eric from Montreal partecipated too, I think, with several others. And the shows still suffers from the same kind of mistakes. I do not believe that Tim Kring ever went beyond season 1, if that. You all know he said in one interview he planned the shows 5 seasons in broad detail.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Archived