Heroes / Heroes Reborn: Discussion Thread

Toups

• 3 years later...
  • Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How desperate is NBC?

And as always, the public gets the blame. This is typical of Kring, who, along with the later Star Trek TV producers and the Lost producers, loved to blame fans for any unpopular storyline, because fans just didn't get it.

Few shows have EVER tanked as quickly as Heroes did. And that is on Kring. No one else.

Ugh.

• Members

I know a lot of people enjoyed the first season (at least until the last few episodes). I don't know. I never could stomach it, especially after they mindwiped a gay character. My finding Zachary Quinto annoying did not help.

I wonder if they will try to get Hayden for a cameo.

• Members

I enjoyed the first season but then everyone started getting powers. I think I checked out when Milo V's mother, who appeared to be the queen of the villains, turned out to be a superpowerful not so bad person who happened to have an even more powerful husband. I liked the artist character but they killed him fairly early.

• Members

I liked the first season a lot but I tend to enjoy superhero origin stories. After the show just fell off the rails, slowly then quickly. There are few shows that managed to destroy my goodwill so effectively.

I really don't understand why they're resurrecting this show. It was expensive to produce and full of behind the scene shenanigans. What makes them think it will be more profitable now?

There's no big post-cancellation cult. At least not where I've seen. There's no big Heroes contingent at any of the conventions I've been to. In fact there's no Heroes contingent at all. No one is selling or wearing "Save the Cheerleader, Save the World" or "Ya Ta!" t-shirts. Nobody's wearing the Heroes symbol jewelry or tattoos. When there's a real cult influence you can usually see it at conventions and online.

It would be nice to see Jack Coleman as HRG again.

• Members

Even the first, so-called good season really wasn't all that great if one looks at it. I enjoyed it and watched the whole first season when it was airing but, in reality, it was just about a bunch of random caricatures with special powers that did random sh!t. When the whole exploding man arc ended up in a horrible anti-climax with no resolution whatsoever, I was done. Should have given up then. Instead hang around to witness the horrors of the season 2 premiere.

• Members

Superheroes were popular 8 years ago but they are even more so now with the success of the Avengers and the related films, and even that ARROW has proven to be a success. Plus, fantasy elements on TV are more popular than ever with shows liike GoT and TWD all the rage, It does seem like a theoretical good fit with the times.

• Members

This show tended to be anti-superhero. They rarely embraced the positive or fun side and were always wrist-slitting and basic. I also feel like that genre is starting to fade a little.

Between this and giving JLo 15 episodes for a show she's starring in, without even seeing a pilot first, NBC seems to be in desperation mode.

Archived