AMC: Megan Mctavish's E-mail Doesn't Work/Is She Gone?/Sweeps (Merged Threads)

• Members

I don't know much about her stint on OLTL, but her stint on GH was one of the worst, perhaps the worst in that show's history. She didn't last too long there, of course she was replaced with equally crap Pratt and Guza. :rolleyes:

She also had a horrible stint on Guiding Light. This woman sure knows to bring out the worst in the soap's she writes for. She's only good with a strong EP like Felicia Minei Behr, who deserves full credit for AMC's early 90's golden era.

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What I do know is that during McTavish's stint, characters were alive and not demonized to the point that you couldn't recognize them. Guza and Pratt came on and basically wrecked two of the most popular characters on the show Stefan and Zander...not to mention that during McTavish's stint, Carly was at the height of her independence. She had a club, she had her own place and she pretty much didn't have a man to occupy her thoughts and actions.

I, in no way, believe that McTavish's stint on GH was as bad as Guza and Pratt...they have killed how many people? Changed how many character histories? I totally spit on those two Emmys GH has received...those storylines were basically geared to insure an Emmy...they had 2 mediocre shows and yet they win an Emmy, despite the rest of the shows being Mob Propping, Women are Incubators fairy tales.

I agree with the fact that I think that Frons is behind a lot of the bullish on AMC (except the fetus crap...I'm pretty sure that's McTavish).

• Members

Exactly. I mean, not to sound like a broken record, but really. McTavish has been wrecking shows long before Brian Frons came to ABC. Her 1997-1999 stint on AMC from which she was FIRED and her 2001-2002 GH stint, from which she was also FIRED, were before Frons came aboard in late 2002. Frons puts his nose in, for sure. But McTavish is responsible for the day to day storytelling and plotting. Frons just orders it and expects it to materialize.

"Get Babe and Josh together! Be gone!"

It's McTavish who takes that mandate and weaves her story full of loopholes.

• Members

No doubt that MMT is Frons !@#$%^&*] to a degree. But the only person to blame for the daily, crapfest that AMC has become is MMT. She's the one who plots the arcs. She's the one who writes the general storyline plots. She's the one who makes the outlines, etc. Her.

Frons may say that he wants Josh and Babe together, but MMT made the lame ass reasons and put them in a kiddie pool.

Frons may have said he wanted a son for Erica, and Meggie with her ever loving Daddy/Mommy/Strong women issues was the one (by her own addmission) to give Erica the fetus.

MMT was probably told this is what you have to work with in terms of why Dixie was gone, and MMT gave us the lame [!@#$%^&*].

MMT was probably told to kill Greg, but she put him in that box.

She did. She's told what to do, yes, probably more often then not, but she's the one who pens how its done.

She's killing AMC. Frons is just, IMO, her pimp. He knows she's doing it. He's watching her do it, he's getting his jollies out of watching her. He's getting paid and she's getting paid. So, he lets her keep doing it.

• Members

Exactly. FMB hands down hitched that wagon to her shoulders and pulled it to the top. She kept McTavish in check and made sure to churn out as much quality as she could.

What Casey views as McTavish doing better at GH, was due to Jill Farren Phelps. JFP was very hands-on when it came to storyline. The only reason GH is in the state that it's in now is due to JFP having zero input when it comes to storyline. Guza made sure of that before he came back (hence the "Consulting Producer" credit he gets at the end of the show). That's why he left in 2000, because he felt former Executive Producer Wendy Riche was too much in the thick of things. During the summer of 2000, he was rumored to despise the Emily & Dead Ted saga, but Riche told him to push the teen story "fast and hard." Several months later, he announces his departure. :unsure: JFP might, however, come up with ideas (train wreck, the black out, the 7:00 montage were all very much JFP signatures), but the show's storytelling itself is Guza's ship.

That's how Julie Carruthers is at AMC now. She's not hands-on in the storytelling. So, just as Guza's running amuck over at GH with his free reign, so is Megan at AMC.

• Members

Just trying to hit that 72 page mark. And I take comfort in seeing this on page one. :D

Is there any chance that instead of a new headwriter just starting in mid-October, perhaps that is when the new headwriter's episodes will start to air. I could see ABC waiting to make the announcement the Thursday or Friday before the week someone else takes over, just so people won't be disappointed by tuning in and still seeing McT's name in the opening credits.

Something. Anything. Anyone?

• Members

JMO .. But the way ABC acted by having the thread pulled here at SON, and I still have a problem with that because of FREEDOM...

But the way that TPTB acted, I could see them wait until the day that MMT is taking off the credits.. because they are going to make us pay, for thinking it .. or being happy over it..

So yes I see your point the only thing is .. I myself am not looking back after OCT 6...because it has been too long.. they should of made the breakthrough news event about MMT no longer being there.. and I am starting to think with Tad being the killer.. that there is no way a new HW can put breath back into the show...

it soon will be dead to me..

• Members

If she's staying, I'd rather they just cancel AMC now, and let it go with a little friggin diginity. Otherwise, no one is going to miss it when it finally sinks into cancelation oblivion.

Persoanlly, I'm getting sick of the vets being let go for babies. VI got canned so KWAK could spwan, and maybe Cobly and Piglet too? Wow.

Archived