AMC: Megan Mctavish's E-mail Doesn't Work/Is She Gone?/Sweeps (Merged Threads)

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I highly doubt it.

It's too early for her to be gone.

Also, in my experience, tech people take forever to deal with the accounts of departed employees, and ABC is hardly a well-run ship.

Are you sure you wrote her e-mail correctly?

Take it as a sign and send a snail-mail. Much more effective. :)

• Members

I seriously doubt that ABC would get rid of her e-mail so quickly. Though I will say, when news breaks that an actor is leaving a show, they pull all images of them from Media Net very quickly so they could have done it with her.

Or....

Her e-mail inbox could be full and it was sent back to you. Or you could have typed her address wrong. There's a lot of combinations. Hope it's your reason though :)

• Members

LMAO, I sent her one just to see if it came back, and it did. :D I guess it could be that her inbox is full, or that they're having trouble with accounts, I supposed that she could have asked to have it disabled, but NOW? The ones I sent to JHC, and Fronsie didn't come back. Hmmmm. In the three years since she was hired, and I sent her TONS of emails, I've NEVER gotten one back from anyone at AMC/ABC. LMAO shocking that they haven't blocked me, but still. Something fishy is going on, at least I think so.

• Members

I double-checked the email address, and it seems to be correct. I tried sending an email, and it also was returned, with the notation "Permanent Failure: 550_No_such_address."

If the problem had been caused by a full inbox, the bounce-back would have said so. I have sent McTrash emails before, and have never had one returned. I'm afraid to get my hopes up, but I am keeping my fingers crossed. :unsure:

The hour of our deliverance may be at hand!

DeltaQ

in Connecticut

• Members

Hmmm, begs the question: Has the Trash offiically been taken out?

I'd like to think so. But I'm afraid to hope. :huh:

I've had 4 sent back to me today. And it's the same addy I've been using to send her email for the last three years. Never have I gotten an email back with the error it gives for her, from AMC or ABC. Hmmmm.

• Members

Just need to make something clear: Even if someone's contract doesn't expire for an x amount of months, it doesn't mean the networks don't fire them before their contract cycle is up. They do it all the time - mostly with actors - and they pay them until the next 3-month cycle is up.

They did this with Gordon Rayfield and Anna Theresa Cascio most notably as far as writers go, with two months left on their contract cycle.

And actually, ABC (and all the networks) promptly deactive e-mail accounts (and voice mail lines) of fired employees IMMEDIATELY after they leave their job. This is just to protect themselves - they don't want disgruntled ex-employees to have access to their e-mail accounts, because whatever they send, it comes from the network domain name, and it ultimately is a reflection on the network because of that. Not to say Megan would do something nasty with her e-mail account; it's just standard policy to protect the networks and prevent anything bad from happening. Access is removed immediately. The networks are really fussy about this kind of stuff.

I think Megan has been notified; I don't think Burton will be stepping in quite yet, I think the associate head writers will be steering the ship in the interim.

"AMC" operations are shut down this coming week and won't resume until after Labor Day; I think it's interesting, this timing. . .everyone's on vacation, a way to delay leaks?

;)

• Members

Maybe it was down for a while but is back up now. Someone from another board emailed her and they didn't have trouble either. But then several other people haven't been able to get their emails through. I wonder if capitalizing it like [email protected] makes a differance. Very strange. I was really, really, really hoping that she was gone.

Archived