AMC: Megan Mctavish's E-mail Doesn't Work/Is She Gone?/Sweeps (Merged Threads)

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

All of this Burton Armus stuff is too good to be true. And then to add to it, people are hitching their rumors to the main BA rumor "Oh, ALB is off helping Burton write his bible!"

What the hell? Even Jackie was like :unsure:

So I'm just going to continue believing that Frons will let Megan run the show into the ground. Anyone who remembers any of McTavish's previous runs KNOWS that the woman goes into burnout and her stories get haywire about 1/4 into her second year. She's just not good.

• Members

R.. please believe please... i love your posts... And i want you to beleive that we will get back AMC..

Jackie said earlier on this same thread, about the first thing done is the emails get stopped.. Jackie also thought the timing was right.. I know Agnes thought it would be October, but Jackie address that first with buying out the contract..

I have to believe that Frons would choose us, against keeping MMTrash. I have to believe that fans for daytime that are the most loyal,hardcore, smart and adorable will win out.

I have to say that DOOL fans are so lucky, after reading what is in store for that show.. I find myself thinking that is going to be fun to watch..

With a new HW.. I could be cloud nine.. not just on it..

anyhow.. I love all your posts...

T

• Members

I still think, if this is all true, that it will be October. We might hear something sooner but there's usually a delay between the announcement and the start date. Julie Carruthers becoming the EP was announced a long time before she (officially) started.

Honestly I'm still hearing Megan is happily writing away but who knows.......

Staff writer Amanda L. Beall. A poster here claims she and Stephen Demorest are working with Burton on the new story bible.

• Members

Jackie's the expert. But yeah they can be bought out.

I didn't think it happened that often though, they like to get their $ worth. When Megan was let go from AMC in '99 they even moved her to OLTL for the remainder of her contract (and of course she managed to snag the top spot there and went on to destroy both OLTL and GH lol)

I should also add some people say that McT doesn't even have cycles in her contract anymore. So the next legal out would be April of next year! That would be alot of money.

• Members

Thanks for replying, Agnes!

I can't stand to watch AMC anymore as long as McT is writing it. I've been a loyal fan since 1980, but the current storylines are so bad that I'm ff-ing through some days the entire show.

If the Armus news doesn't come out tomorrow, I'll be taking a break from AMC until ABC makes the announcement. I can't stomach the thought of McT still writing the show until April 2007!

Archived