AMC: Megan Mctavish's E-mail Doesn't Work/Is She Gone?/Sweeps (Merged Threads)

• Members

As a fan who's only been watching since June 2001, someone who considers the best soap opera I've ever seen to be 2003-2004 McTavish, I stopped watching months ago. Literally, I've gone months without watching a full episode. I devoted hours and hours and hours and hours and hours of time to sitting at this computer reading thorough recaps of each and every storyline from the very beginning (okay, I may have glossed over the late 90s...). I've tried to watch any classic clips I could whenever I got the chance. I've only been watching for 5 years, but it feels like I've been watching for all 36 and it just PAINS me. This all simply PAINS me because I'd rather spend the 12-1 hour reading a recap of 1976 than actually watching the show.

It's just fricken...it's unrecognizable. And I know that the AMC that I watched and enjoyed in 2003 and 2004 wasn't exactly what most people would consider AMC to be, but it's not even that anymore. It's just...it's obvious what the agenda of TPTB is and I don't think I have to go into detail on that. They *know* what their true fans want to see, but they're so hell-bent on getting flash in the pan younger fans who will only watch to fit into the crowd. They'd rather have their ratings go down doing that instead of having them go up doing what real soap opera is supposed to do.

It sorta makes me cry because I can't stand to watch it. And this whole film-look nonsense makes me feel even more that what is on our screens right now (or NOT on our screens, if you're not watching) isn't "All My Children." I don't know what the hell it is.

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

:(

You know AMC isn't AMC when neither David Canary nor Susan Lucci have a story! Seriosuly, Erica does not have a story IMO. The Josh stuff is all about Josh/Babe, not Erica/Jeff and Josh.

Did they cut back Susan's guarantee when they renewed her contract this summer? Probably.

Stupid. Erica and Adam used to have their fingers in every story. Now they're just what Opal and Palmer and Myrtle used to be.

• Members

It's funny that you should say this, because earlier today, I realized that neither Erica or Adam have actually been Erica or Adam at all in a very long time. Erica has a reputation as a schemer, a conniving !@#$%^&*], but that hasn't been showcased in years. She is the premier soap vixen, and I know she's grown up, but there's no reason why she should become a Nancy Hughes-esque character. It's sick. Utterly sick.

And Adam...I don't even know what to say. Does he even have ownership of his OWN COMPANY anymore? What is his purpose? He defends JR every now and then, but what else? Exactly. He's been reduced to nothing. Same thing for Palmer, but he doesn't even have a son to defend every now and then. And now without Opal, we'll probably rarely see him ever. And James Mitchell is amazing shape for a man who is 86 years old. He walks on his on whenever he's on the show and everything. Same with Eileen Herlie who is the same age.

It just frustrates me to no end and I want it all to stop.

• Members

Okay I finally got hold of Megan.

On a whim I tried [email protected]. I wrote "Hi" and within two minutes I got the following reply:

Hi, will you be my friend? Nobody likes me :( I enjoy unaborted fetuses, writing stories about rape, and lesbians getting what they deserve.

Please write back,

Megan

:blink:

I guess the network thought people would have an easier time tracking her down at this e-mail address.

• Members

First, totally agree about Susan Lucci and David Canary. They are the premier stars, they shouldn't be freakin' peripheral. I like Jack and Erica just fine as a couple, but let's be honest, Erica and monogamy just don't work well together. I'd break the two up.

Next, I've been told I will receive a whole truckload of detailed information tomorrow or on Wednesday about the "AMC" HW situation, among other things, so stay tuned.

What I have been told so far: Megan WILL be indeed wrapping her HW stint at "AMC" in the next TWO-THREE weeks, but Burton will not be stepping in until sometime in October, probably late. The AHWs will steer the ship.

I asked if any other current "AMC" writer is helping Burton with story projections - I got a big no.

Regarding Megan's contract cycles: EVERY HW in daytime has "cycles" - there'd be absolutely NO reason for a headwriter to NOT have them, especially Megan McTavish. It's not as if she has ever been some huge in-demand writer that was difficult to get and had massive clout in contract negotiations. She has always been, and always will be, at the mercy of the networks. She's been fired a total of four times during her career, twice from AMC alone, she doesn't get special privs.

• Members

Thank you Jackie for the update..

May I ask you a question,

I asked if any other current "AMC" writer is helping Burton with story projections - I got a big no

is that upsetting to you ? or isnt this a norm, because as the HW he would want to do his own story projects?

• Members

I went to Eye On Soaps and couldn't find this anywhere. Is EOS reporting this, or just a poster over there? I did see Darcy report the Aidan, Vincent, and Julia info, but I've seen no other source on this. I have seen folks credit it to Eye On Soaps on various places on the net. Can someone post a LINK to the information, or is a rumor just going around and gaining life?

• Members

I think EOS may have been mistakenly attributed and probably because Darcy from Soap Scope used to be attached to EOS.

I, also have only seen that info posted on his site.

The McT stuff was a throwaway one-liner without no attribution other than the site's owner, Dary. The info was said to have been updated from sometime between 7/22 and 8/5. The Irrizarry info was the saem, IIRC.

Soap Scope does not allow copy/paste of content and don't care to provide a link. :P

I, personally, would not bother with any information from the site without an additional confirming source.

• Members

Thanks, rs! I also believed there was confusion between Soap Scope and EOS going on. I did see the column at Soap Scope, but that's been inaccurate before. IA about confirmation with an additional source. And I did note it was a few months old- the spoilered "police trouble" did not happen. So that one I'm taking with a large grain of salt. I do hope folks dont' keep passing it on as an EOS spoiler, though. Stuff gets passed thru the net and it's like Whisper down the Lane. I'm leery of all "insiders" including ones here (no offense, I've just seen stuff changed SO many times, even when the info was initially somewhat accurate).

• Members

Would Burt Armus even be an improvement? Yet another middle aged man writing for daytime. After the long wait why make a lateral move? Why not hold out for someone really good?

His IMDB page is less than stellar

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0035953/

Not to mention they don't credit him with anything in the past 10 years!

Sometimes Credited As:

Burt Armus

Filmography as: Writer, Producer, Actor, Miscellaneous Crew, Self

Writer - filmography

(1990s) (1980s) (1970s)

1. Tarzan: The Epic Adventures (1996) (TV) (written by)

2. "Adam 12" (1990) TV Series (written by)

3. "Star Trek: The Next Generation"

... aka Star Trek: TNG (USA: promotional abbreviation)

- A Matter of Honor (1989) TV Episode (story) (teleplay)

- The Outrageous Okona (1988) TV Episode (teleplay)

4. "Street Hawk" (1985) TV Series (writer)

5. "Airwolf"

... aka Lobo del aire (USA: Spanish title)

- Fight Like a Dove (1984) TV Episode

- One Way Express (1984) TV Episode

- Daddy's Gone a Hunt'n (1984) TV Episode

6. "Knight Rider" (1982) TV Series (writer)

7. "Cassie & Co." (1982) TV Series (multiple episodes)

8. "The Fall Guy" (1981) TV Series (writer)

9. "Paris"

- Once More for Free (1979) TV Episode

10. "Police Woman"

- Guns (1977) TV Episode

- The Loner (1975) TV Episode (as Burt Armus)

11. "CHiPs" (1977) TV Series (writer)

... aka CHiPs Patrol (USA: syndication title)

12. "Kojak"

- An Unfair Trade (1976) TV Episode

13. "Delvecchio" (1976) TV Series (writer)

14. "Bronk" (1975) TV Series (writer)

• Members

I'll admit I'm a tad concerned as well however for a good chunk of his career he was a troubleshooter, he was brought in to help ailing shows. So it's not surprising he's associated with some questionnable programs-that's where he was sent.

I doubt there are alot of fresh talents getting out of college/university saying "man I'd love to write for daytime" so if we want fresh talent for daytime we may have to settle for middle-aged washed up primetime/movie writers.

It worked with Hogan Scheffer. It can work again. If Frons gets lost.

However yes the lack of credits in the past 10 years is a little worrisome. But at least he's not burnt out :)

I am curious to see his first interview and find out if he really does have a history of AMC viewing or not.

• Members

I'm not a McT fan but she actually caries more weight than this guy. How scary is that?

I'm not sure where he has earned the reputation as a trouble shooter. Looking into his bio a lot of his writing credits are not even STAFF writing positions and have him listed as a writer on only an episode or two.

Archived