AMC: Megan Mctavish's E-mail Doesn't Work/Is She Gone?/Sweeps (Merged Threads)

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sadly this guy's bio looks a little old, stale, tired and outdated. He might still be an improvement. :P I know that might sound mean but can't AMC do better? Does JHC and Frons think this guy is a suitable replacement or is he the only writer willing to risk his reputation writing for AMC? given that he has so little by way of recent credit some might say he isn't wagering very much.

• Members

Okay folks come get your first look at Mr. Armus.

It's a little scary at first. Looks like he just crawled out from under a rock in a trailer park but then get a look at the entrance to his home. Nice!

http://www.airwolfthemes.com/media/Airwolf_THE-TRIP_Mk4b.pdf

Go down a few pages and when you see Cousin Cletus you've found him lol

• Members

Lol I don't really care what he looks like if he can write. I just think it's funny I went on a search for a reassuring picture and found 2 wifebeater pics. Not flattering for anyone.

I take it he won't be moving to New York. I wouldn't leave my spanish villa.

Also forgot to add he does sound very entertaining. And I get the impression he would smack Frons into next Thursday if he wanted to. I cannot believe however that he watched AMC. Can't see it.

• Members

I would love to see him smack Frons right in that smug face! His credits don't scare me. If he says he's watched AMC since he was a kid, then he must know the characters and what works. But there's a little part of me that still wants Jeff Beldner to be HW. I can't wait for McT to be gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members

There are headwriters a.k.a. show runners. True, each writer writes their own episode most times, breakdown and script. But then after that writer writes the first couple of drafts of the script, it gets "thrown to the table" in the writers' room and all the writers pitch ideas on how to improve upon the script. That's where the show runner (a.k.a. the writing executive producer) has to be the head writer equivalent and make decisions about what stays and what gets ditched regarding that episode's script.

That's probably what Burton Armus was responsible for. Editing and fixing problems during story meetings, rather than actually writing... hence his title as "troubleshooter."

I still find Jackie's statement about him wanting to work with less characters worrisome. As I said before, this show already suffers from a lack of diverse characters and stories, always focusing on the same six characters these last three years. I'm not sure how crazy I am about watching this show about another group of characters for another three years.

This ain't Friends. :angry:

P.S. I'm still not 100% sold on this rumor, so this is all speculation on my part.

• Members

What were everyone's thoughts of Victor Miller who wrote for quite a while for AMC? He doesn't exactly looking like your typical soap opera writer, either. Appearances don't necessarily signify writing quality. Nor do past credits in other mediums.

And he wrote the original Friday the 13th. :lol:

Archived