AMC: Megan Mctavish's E-mail Doesn't Work/Is She Gone?/Sweeps (Merged Threads)

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Lol @ Megan's response, "I read this one didn't I?" What a b*tch.

The problem is the September 5th thing was tied to the rumor of Jeff Beldner & Amanda Beall taking over. There was never any truth to that. They aren't. It was refuted by several sources. And it was also said that Megan would not be talking in the magazines anymore. She has been. The Burton Armus thing is a seperate rumbling. The two rumors, one of which we know is false, are getting mixed together.

Maybe she was notified last week....Frons arrived in New York last week for the Soap Secrets taping so if he wanted to do it in person that may have been a good time.

But its also entirely possible, as I believe, that this is nothing.

• Members

Thanks for the info, Agnes! That's been the problem on most of the boards. Mixing those two rumors together. But now I'm more straightened out about it so thanks!

Does anyone know about the petition to oust MMT as head writer? My gf found it by googling the following: Megan McTavish writer All My Children. Then scroll down the page to "All My Children, New Writers Petition." Click on that and it will take you to the petition. My gf and I both signed it. You can also state why you wish to see MMT removed as head writer and you can also post it publicly on that website or you can keep it private. It felt good signing it and writing our reasons for doing so. Has anyone else done this?

• Members

Perhaps AMC is going to do the OLTL like transition and have no headwriter listed for a while... so maybe Bell and Beldner aren't taking over but September 5th could still be the first day without Megan. I agree with everyone else its just too coincidental.... especially since every other e-mail still works. Won't be jumping for joy though until I either see A. Megan's name gone from the credits or some kind of confirmation from ABC themselves.

• Members

Maybe. When Britney (whatever happened to her anyways?) posted about the Beldner/Beall/September 5th stuff she seemed so sure. Maybe there was a grain of truth to it.

And I have got it confirmed that Frons was in New York for the Soap Secrets thing (assuming it was taped in New York...wherever it was taped he was there). Not that it means anything, he doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would care about terminating someone in person as opposed to some other method but you never know......

Actually, as much as I hate Megan I don't know if it would be too smart to oust the headwriter just as they are working on November Sweeps. These interim writer phases tend to be dull. Better writing, but dull.

• Members

OMG, MMT is such a !@#$%^&*]. Wow, I think that made me hate her even more.

LMFAO I should post the email I sent to Fronsie and his reply. Man must have thought I had the IQ of a shoe. :lol:

I still think she's gone, gone. ;)

• Members

Britney has not been seen or heard from since the whole news broke back in July. She was like 99.9% sure... so she obviously knew something. Like we've said it just seems all to coincidental. But I doubt Frons would have waited until Soap Secrets to tell Megan she is gone.... especially if she is gone now. I think she would have been notified weeks if not months ago.

• Members

Oooh, now my mind is working overtime on what the truth could be...

I'm hoping that Beale/Beldner are the interim writers between McT & Armus and maybe the reason for the week off is so the show can throw out McT's story outlines and start working with Beale/Beldner's scripts instead. I can dream, right?

• Members

Whatever the truth is... the facts are pointing to that something is definately up. The show seems very directionless these days, fall previews are about as vague as they could be..... I think we are heading for a transition phase, that's just my opinion. I don'r have any inside infor or anything I just look at all the facts and that's what I see. Maybe wishful thinking but maybe not.

• Members

I guess we will find out soon enough if there was any truth to it, fully or partly.

I just hope it wasn't an orchestrated effort by TPTB to identify leaks by making up false info. They've done it before, primarily with GH. They should stop worrying about stuff like that focus on the quality of the show.

Archived