AMC: Megan Mctavish's E-mail Doesn't Work/Is She Gone?/Sweeps (Merged Threads)

• Members

Thank you! I totally agree!

People are judging this man based on certain types of shows he's written for. Unless he's a truly bad writer, then I can see him being able to adapt to a new format and a different genre of television.

Think about it, would all of you rather be stuck with McTrash, or have someone from OUTSIDE the genre take over and probably bring new fresh ideas and writing to the show?

Personally I'll take Burton Armus over McTrash anyday, especially since he's a long time fan of the show.

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oooooooo BA and MMT, my new favorite and least favorite subjects. Alright, so I'm just gonna jump right in, so be forwarned...LMAO ;)

It's simple really, at least fromy my POV. MMT has no use for substance. She has no use for details, and well crafted stories. MMT has no use for the fans, or what we want. MMT thinks we're evil and spiteful, when we fight to protect the show we love and it's integrity. She thinks she knows what's right, despite the fans, the people she's supposed to be writing for, telling her otherwise. She doesn't care, about any character's, except Babe and Ryan. She spits in the face of AMC's groundbreaking and legendary history on almost a monthly basis. She believes that plot points are the best thing ever, and that in effect the fans are stupid and we won't notice the lack of congenuity. She has some vile, vile, obsession with women being violated and forcing "miracle" children of these violations on them. She believes that dark and twisted equals love and romance, and she believes that if she tells us something long enough, no matter how asinine it is (ie. Babe = Saint, Josh/fetus = Miracle, Greg = Good) that we're going to believe it. I won't blame her solely for what's happened to the vets, but perhaps if she gave them storylines, Frons couldn't stop them from being on our screens. She is a hack, in ever sense of the word. And I don't believe that anyone, anyone (even GaP for as bad as they are) could be as bad as she's been, IMO.

And this is coming from a person who should be on my knees kissing her ass because she gave me David and Erica, twice, and still writes them f'ing brilliantly. That's how you know I hate this woman as HW so deeply. :angry:

As for Burton Armus, seriously, what could he make worse? What is there left of AMC for him to desimate? Arguably the biggest and most groundbreaking storyline in AMC/Daytime history (one that this in TWO political science books of mine) is gone. Violence, darkness, and violations of women have been on our screens for months. There's very little (and MMT is taking that hatchet to Zendall too) love on the show. There's just as little romance. So many characters are acting out of character, doing and saying things they never would. If I were watching it sounds like I wouldn't recoginze more 2/3 of the characters on AMC, and the only new person to come on the show since I stopped watching is Jamal. What can BA make worse then MMT already did? Worst case senario he doesn't change a thing, and runs AMC into the ground (MMT was headed there as it was, so it would be nothing new). Best case senario, he breathes new life into AMC. Re-engergizes, reinvents it, and does it with respect for the show's history and the fans. Middle senario, he fixes what's wrong, with respect and dignity, but doesn't go to far outside of the box. Why not give the man a chance? Why not take a risk? Seriously, AMC has NOTHING, NOTHING left to lose.

Personally, I'm willing to trust BA with AMC, and let him do as he pleases, no matter what the risks are. AMC is already ruined for me, I will probably never watch again, but there's still hope that the show can be saved for everyone else, and that is what I see BA as being, AMC's hope. :)

• Members

Neither am I and haven't been from day one of her tenure. I can't think of one thing she's improved about AMC but can think of a lot of things that've gotten worse since she's been on board.

While I'd never heard of Armus before Jackie's posts (and thanks by the way), I wouldn't automatically think that his background/resume matches up with AMC. But I also want someone from outside the usual suspects in the HW position. I want new blood in this genre, so I'm ready to see what he can do. If he truly is a longtime AMC fan, then that and an experienced writing background (not matter the genre) is more than enough for me.

Besides, 'd take a band of marauding manic monkeys jumping on keyboards over McTavish. :P This show is so far down, it can only go up. Kylie's right, what's left to [!@#$%^&*] up? McTavish's scorched earth blitzkrieg has pillaged and decimated AMC's history and character vault with ever-increasing desperation in order to spike ratings where she can (and unsuccessfully, I might add).

Soon (if not already) there's going to be little left to draw on...whomever get's job...as one HELLUVA task before them. Good luck and Godspeed.

• Members

Big fat word to your post Kylie! The daytime industry as a whole really has nothing left to lose so they have to take chances and risks in the hopes of a huge payoff. It worked with Hogan, it can most certainly work with Burton.

Archived