AMC: Megan Mctavish's E-mail Doesn't Work/Is She Gone?/Sweeps (Merged Threads)

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Listen guys.. not to be a wet blanket but.. Brian Frons, possibly the most notorious micromanager in daytime history, is still in charge here. Unless he's gone or Disney's told him to butt out this might not be all that much better than what we have now...

BUT IT SOUNDS LIKE ONE HELLUVA START! :D

• Members

It couldn't be that difficult to change the course of this. If the Mad Doc was truly mad, having Josh be Erica's son could truly be a figment of his imagination. He might have even gone as far as to believe his own lie as a part of his obsession with Erica. Of course, that could mean that Spike could actually be the madman's son as a part of his one chance to procreate with Kane DNA. That way I can like Josh without getting ticked off every time I see his face because of the storyline that generated him...

If we can just get MMT OUT then the new writers can regroup and right the ship.

• Members

Exactly. Megan's stories are horribly written, so there's no such thing as "written into a corner" where these storylines are concerned. As far as Josh is concerned, it's kind of a no brainer to explain that Josh isn't the result of a medical procedure that never existed in 1973.

As for the rest, it can be salvaged and shifted into different directions.

What AMC needs is a head writer who respects the show and its fans, writes compelling material, and can stand up to Frons. That's the problem. McTavish can't write, so her work doesn't necessarily give her any room to be like "Look, Brian! I WANT to write a story for Brooke and Adam!" because she knows that if she did, she'd be out of a job because she KNOWS there are writers ten times better than she is.

• Members

Exactly, I totally agree. Honestly, I'm to the point where I can deal with anything semi-plausible to make Josh not be the fetus. Just make him not the fetus, and I can deal with whatever else they threw at us. And a note to anyone AMC/ABC people who we know lurk, there's never been any Martin DNA on the show. *hint hint, nudge nudge, wink wink* ;)

I even came up with a way for them to keep him as a Kane/Martin, and Jeff's son, but not Erica's son or the fetus. So it's doable. Burton just needs to have the guts to do it. And it sounds like he just might. :D

• Members

Get rid of Colby, Sydney ,Shawn and Erin and that will show guts.

Stop bowing to Ryan and that will show guts.

Bring back some of the vets and start writing for the Vets that are still on the show, and that will show guts.

Give us story lines that don't defy Medicine (non abortion) and the law (giving Ryan legal right over Kendall's body) that will show guts.

Stop writing characters OUT of Character.

One can only hope.

• Members

They could and I don't care if they leave him a Kane/Martin, if they make him not the fetus. Though, my idea was tad more creative then silver. Anyone remember the flashback Greg had of Emily? She was like a dead ringer for Erica. So we can say they're sisters via Eric or something. Emily was cheating on Greg got pregnant. Greg tired the transplant, after he found out that Emily was pregnant, and her not wanthing to tell the truth, he believed Josh to be his fetus. Hell, say Emily and Jeff had an affair and AMC can keep their Kane/Martin, and Erica would get a nephew.

LMAo, I have a TON more. :D Burton honey, if you need any suggestions, you can find my e-mail addy in my profile. ;) Fronsie, you too. :D

Archived