Days: Fall Preview..

• Members

Max and Abby have the potential to be a huge pairing..the new supercouple to days..I'm glad they are going down this route of Abby falling for Max...Darren and Ashley have a great chemistry..and there is so much potential for Abby and Chelsea drama over chelsea losing max and abby falling for him..

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's Hogan's show now so if that's the way he wants it, that's the way it will be. Forget that Jen just married Frankie, Max's brother which would also make her Max's cousin by marriage. Forget that Chelsea and Max have been an item for over a year and forget that Abby just told Chelsea the other day she is seeing Josh. Forget that she is way too innocent for him and very inexperienced and that he is an international race car driver used to life in the fast lane. He only settled in Salem due to Chelsea. Forget she is a Horton, the daughter of professional journalists, Jen and Jack, granddaughter of Laura and Bill Horton, both doctors, dedicated to helping the needy in AFrica and Abby herself had a dance to raise funds for them last year. All of these things are history as we saw it. I don't forget. Also, I don't for one second believe that Jack and Jen would leave Abby knowing that she is not following her education but working in a garage and falling in love with a playboy not a lot different than EJ to them, remember, when it's your own kid you see only the negatives in the guys LOL. Heck, even forget that Max is a Brady and Sheffer himself said there are too many Brady's in Salem. Too funny.

• Members

Max is totally wrong for Abby. There's no way the daughter of Jack Deveraux would be attracted to a deadbeat race car driver. She would go for someone who has brains, is witty, sophisticated, charming. Max is NONE of these things. It makes far more sense for her to be attracted to EJ...pity about the age difference.

And PR, I hardly think the show should be looking to emulate Jennifer/Frankie...a romance that has bombed not once...not twice...but THREE times.

• Members

I started watching ATWT in the summer of 2004 and it took me about six months to figure out Lily was Lucinda's daughter because Hogan's stories live on their own little island. Lucinda's storyline involved her other daughter Sierra, so there was no use for putting her with Lily. My point is basically, unless things have changed, don't count on any umbrella stories. Thats not what Hogan does...

Overall the spoilers sound good, not great, but excellent for Days. It's wierd reading spoilers and it seems normal just like any other soap. I hope he can get Days back on level playing field with the other soaps.

• Members

Exactly. And maybe this will give Abby something to do other than be a prop for Chelsea. Also, I don't consider Abby to be this pampered, girly-girl princess that so many of you think she is. Now if you want to talk about girly-girl princess, look at Belle.

Abby thinks she could get down and dirty if she wanted to. She has no qualms about doing office work around a bunch of guys in a dirty garage, so that says something. She's also feisty and has some backbone. I don't see her being a doormat at all. It's time Chelsea had a female rival closer to her own age besides Hope.

Max is a great guy, so why stick him with a manipulative head-gamer like Chelsea? Stephanie is more suited for him, but I'm sorry, adopted uncle/niece pairings are icky. You guys can fantasize and cry for your incestous pairings all you want, but if Maby is going to happen, I'm all for it.

• Members

I totally agree with everything Keith. Great points.

I don't see how the same ones who enjoy all these couples are the one's saying they don't match. Esp. the Jack and Jennifer fans because if ever there was a mismatched couple in the beginning it was them. Jennifer was way too good for Jack in the beginning, but Jack changed and it became an acceptable pairing. It was their differences that made them good together.

Abby and Max are perfect together, and the actual differences make for a better story than putting her with someone who is just like her. There is more chance of conflict in the relationship and that is a whole lot more interesting and easier for the writers.

• Members

I actually don't see Max/Abby as opposites at all so that is not the reason I oppose the coupling.

Jack had wit, personality, charm...these are what attracted Jennifer to him. Max has none of these qualities. He is a typical boring "nice" guy. Maybe if Hogan gave him some semblence of a personality, I could see merit in Max/Abby.

• Members

Well, Bree made some good points about Maby but I agree with Ponz that another reason I hate Maby at the moment is that, as Ponz said, NOTHING should attract Abigail to Max. He's just a boring, run-of-the-mill, nice guy. Oh, no! He races cars, you say? BIG DEAL!!! That doesn't mean he can make the girl laugh!

Get a personality, Max! You're lifless as a door nail, you pathetic BASTARD!!

• Members

I think Mabby has potential. I love Ashley and Darin,they are bet two younger actor on the show. I just want to see Ashley get a storyline of her own, that doesn't involve being the best friends, or daddy's little girl. With Jack n Jenn I hope there is some character growth, and Abby ventures out more.

If things don't work out they can bring in someone new. They do need another guy in the younger group.

Archived