Days: Fall Preview..

• Members

I like Abby, not because she is Jack and Jennifer's daughter, but because she has the potential to be a good young heroine. I hope Hogan and Beth will flesh her out more. Under JER, she went off in so many directions---perhaps his bias towards not writing the Deverauxs as they should have been. Also, I think it has more to do with the actress. Ashley Benson is very pretty and very capable in this role, and she gives Abby rooting value, especially when she's always stuck pimping Chelsea.

Josh was a total waste, and why must Abby fall in love with someone who is like her father? You all keep forgetting that Abby has not found her real personality yet. We've seen enough of Belle to realize her traits, same goes for Chelsea, Sami, Mimi, etc. Abby is the youngest female on the show, save for Claire, and she's still figuring things out. I'm sure once she gets older, she won't stay in the garage for all her life. And just because Jack and Jennifer were newspeople, why should she follow in their footsteps? Maybe she will develop an interest in medicine, just like her grandparents Bill and Laura, and uncle Mike.

So for right now, in this moment, give her Max and let's see what happens. Max wants a girl he can trust and love. It should be one that HE'S NOT RELATED TO, EVEN IF IT'S BY ADOPTION!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Agreed, Bree.

No offense to anyone, but both Abby and Max are so underdeveloped, that it's really not fair to the characters to lock them into a set path. Yes, Abby adores her father. But who says there are rules to love? The unpredictability of it all is what makes it exciting. Just look at her parents. Jennifer & Frankie, based on these 'rules' are a far better match, but look at the love of her life. Case close. B)

• Members

It's all a matter of personal opinion which we each have the right to. Our opinions are most likely based on our belief systems which are formed by our individual exposure and experience in life.....and education. I have read a lot about relationships, what attracts men to women, women to men, why they chose who they do, etc. So that goes into my judgement. Being as Abby and Max are soap characters, they are used to fill positions to move the story along without regard for anything realistic at all, in my judgement. Personally, I perfer Max with Chelsea or Stephanie. Probably Stephanie more than Chelsea at this point in time. It's just too bad that he happens to be their adopted uncle, therefore it does make those pairings undesirable in the eyes of many. It doesn't bother me at all. If they were blood related and grew up together, that would make it entirely different. The moral of this is, we each have our own views and each entitled to have them recognized as this is what "I" (meaning whoever has stated their view) think.

Archived