The Tracy Quartermaine Lovefest

• Members

I got the exact opposite impression from the articles I have read so far about Genie returning/not returning to GH! She said what she needed to say and she was exactly right, playing the victim isn't something she wants to do anymore and since the writers can't be bothered to write her any other way she has every right to say that! And if I remember correctly the audience clapped when GF went on Oprah and said that, and so did I. She is 'Laura' of L&L fame, she can burn all the bridges she wants they will always be built back up for her. I am NOT a Laura fan, don't get me wrong, but for her to come back to the show could only be a good thing for Lacy fans, conflit means the characters are still worthy of viable stories, it's being backburned and 'happy' that kills.

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hookedongh

• remos

• Ms. Quartermaine

• ILoveTracyQ

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Happy Birthday Tracy!!!! :)

It is a shame that she won't be on again until next week, nor is it likely that it will even be mentioned by the other characters because of the Jake story and the fact that Brenda's was celebrated just the other day.

I love the episode from back in 2006 when Luke throws her a birthday party in the Q mansion. Is that the last time it has been celebrated on the show? I know it was mentioned in the New Year's episode a few years ago when they spun the roulette wheel when Luke was trying to win her back.

• Members

I think in 2007 they mentioned her birthday. It was unspoiled so we were all like WTF when the episode opened with luke clinking glasses with her saying "Happy Birthday tracy" and them on the Q couch in that hideous blue outfit she is wearing in TracyQ banner! Then Luke kissed her hand and arm and then they laid down on the couch until scotty walked in and ruined the moment!

• Members

Oh, I love watching clips on YouTube from 2007. My favorites are when Luke is going on the run with a catatonic Laura and he says to Tracy, "I'll always come back to you," and then kisses her. :wub: The B&W Ball when he kisses her and tells her he is going to make sure she stays alive. After she hurts her back, he tells her how she has helped him move on from Laura. Their argument in the Q mansion when Tracy tells him it is time to let go of Laura; All of the stuff with Alan's ghost. Tracy being arrested for kidnapping and Lulu bailing her out. When Luke returns in the fall to give her a massage. So sexy. :wub: I could go on and on. Hooked, I remember watching a clip of Ghost Alan interrupting their attempt to make love on the Q couch as well as Scott. It was a cruel joke that TPTB would ruin such promising scenes for LuNacy fans.

• Members

I can't comment on the GF articles or the Oprah appearance since I don't have enough interest in her to read them or watch any clips. I think Remos, like me, is tired of the fact that for the past X years, it seems like every other week there was an article with quotes from Genie about "they don't want me back." A lot of times, it came across as whiny and entitled, and I don't care who you are-that becomes annoying. If I ever had a hint that Jane Elliot was like that, my love affair with her might end quickly.

As a former journalism student, I know that often, the staff of papers and mags brainstorm for ideas for their issues. I just can't see any magazine or paper worth it's salt, being the ones to contact Genie every other week asking if she'd been contacted yet, and using up space just to report that she hadn't been asked back. That's not newsworthy. Her being asked back would be, her being on Y&R would be. But the CONSTANT (or what seemed like constant)comments, week after week, in one mag or the next, I can't help but think that some of that was Genie's doing. I do believe at least SOME of the quips or blurbs about Genie in the mags in the past few years have been instigated by her camp, not by GH, and not by the mags themselves.

I get that she wants to work, but I've said a hundred times and I'll say again-GH doesn't "owe" her anything. I believe she has been well compensated for the years she worked there. No, she wasn't respected a lot of the time. But a lot of people weren't and aren't.....and yet, they don't waste space publically griping about it. I think that's what Remos means about class, and I 100% agree. Yes Genie, we know you were disrespected, and even though I think she's at best an average actress who is only known today because she lucked out with a wildly popular pairing, her treatment sucked.

But, it's called getting over it. She's still bitter....and that's sad. She's only damaging herself by not shaking the dust off her feet and moving on. I think GH is done building a bridge for her. I've read enough negative things about GF behind the scenes to not dismiss all of it as rumor. I believe the hatefulness and bad blood is on BOTH sides, and GH has some good reasons for not wanting her back. I've read enough about JFP to know she ain't no lightweight either. I think Genie portrays this innocence when talking to the press, because she ALWAYS says "I don't know why they don't want me back." I think she DOES know. I think she's been told, and for whatever reasons, she chooses not to tell.

I'm just glad she's on another soap now. Perhaps she'll expend her energy talking about her new character and new co stars and show, and stop beating a dead horse.

• Members

ILTQ I agree with the whole GF behind the scenes. I've never had a problem with her as an actress. Her character never really bothered me but there MUST be a reason why gh refuses to give her a contract role on the show other than them not wanting her. She was the half of a very popular couple and lnlers/laura fans seem to think that the only reason why they don't like her or something is because they just don't like her. I think it's more behind the scenes and something she has done that makes gh not want to hire her back full time, only in small doses. There definately is something more, jmo.