Top Posters In This Topic

• hookedongh

• remos

• Ms. Quartermaine

• ILoveTracyQ

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I am truly heartbroken by the cancellations. GH was always my main soap, but I grew up on these shows. My mother grew up on these shows. My grandmother grew up on radio soaps and made the transition to TV.

I used to rush home from school everyday to see these shows, and to know a generic talk show titled "THE CHEW" will replace a 43 year old LEGENDARY show? It breaks my heart a little.

• Members

Yeah, I feel really bad too, I never watched AMC, but once upon a time I used to watch OLTL. I truly don't know what I would do ig GH was cancelled, as much as we all complain bout the lack of stories for our favorites at least they all have jobs!

• Members

I agree. Soaps are just a way of life. They're not TV shows. They take time! You have to be invested. And once your invested, those people morph into a part of your family.

I haven't watched AMC regularly in a few years, but OLTL has always held a special place in my heart.

I will miss both shows dearly.

• Members

I am truly heartbroken over the cancellation of OLTL. I never really cared for AMC,but the very first soap I ever really tuned in for was OLTL. I loved that show back in 1999-2003. Ever so often I tune in and still love to watch certain characters. Viki, Bo, Nora, Dorian, David and a lot of others are like extended family that I grew up with. I find it so ridiculous that shows like Jersey Shore and the Real Housewives of New York or Atlanta are getting so many viewers. They are just like a soap opera. Although on a real soap opera the characters actually have class. It's a real shame what passes for "good" television now a days. This is the end of an era.

• Members

I just saw this on Twitter and called to hear for myself:

The woman who originated one of my favorite soap characters of all time, Another World's Rachel Davis (Okay, so I wasn't even born when was playing her!) and went on to inhabit the equally insurmountable Dorian Lord on One Life to Live, Robin Strasser, is weighing in on ABC's brutal decision to cancel both OLTL and All My Children. I won't even attempt to pull just one quote from Strasser's moving statement on her feelings, because it would be like trying to point out just one aspect of the Mona Lisa to admire. Instead I encourage you guys to call Strasser's hotline at (212) 414-5300, and hear for yourself.

I can't believe the way in which she and her co-workers found out about the cancellation!

• Members

I think she means daytime is going out and she wants to be part showing the entertainment business that they can still do amazing things, etc. I also think she means she wants to personally go out with a roar of a story with Tony that is deep, emotional and not silly hijinks. I think JE knows the writing is on the wall and I'm sure she has no plans to leave but who knows what further cuts will be made and I"m sure she isn't going to be working much while Tony is gone.

Tomorrow is TG last day of taping

Like really crying or that watery eyes thing she does?

I'm not sure if the tracy/lucky continues tomorrow or not. I don't think she is on next week, but should have scenes with the kids regarding luke and the intervention the following week of the intervention.

• Members

I feel awful for the AMC/OLTL fans. I know very well how devastating it is to lose your favorite soap, the one you've watched for years and years. I went through that when GL was canceled. It really does feel like you have lost a part of your life, your past. I am 29, and I watched the show for 22 years literally from childhood. Like anything else, though, you move on and find something else to enjoy. GH/LuNacy was that for me. I know these fans are upset now, but time will ease the hurt. I am still mad about the cancellation when I watch old GL clips on YT, but I am so grateful that I have the option to see it on YT whenever I want. Thank goodness for that. We will always have our LuNacy clips when GH ends. I want it to last longer than what you're hearing, hooked. I don't think I am ready for LuNacy to end just yet.

JE was so awesome today!!!!! She threw a big die at Luke. He couldn't catch it, so he tried to trick her into not catching it by throwing it while he was talking about something else. She caught it, and he said, "lucky catch." She was like maybe it's the tennis, or the walks I take every day since you had your heart attack, or maybe I was a champion shortstop in another life, or maybe it is because I didn't have a fifth of scotch before breakfast. After that last line about the drinking, which she delivered with a catch in her throat and teary eyes, she left the office.

Luke had some great lines after she threw the die. He said he loved her and that she challenges him every day. She said he drinks too much, but that she is not judging him because she stands next to him with a martini glass in hand. He then said that she knows him better than anyone. Also, he was going to go home, but he couldn't bring himself to drive because of memories of the night he hit Jake.

Edited by Linnierose

• Members

Tracy was impressive as always, but I wish they had given them more. I was FF through the rest and there were so many scenes of Michael emoting on whatever his latest problem is and I'm sure others talking about Michael, but only two of LuNacy? It needed more.

Trucky is now a double-edged sword with me. I'm so glad that this version of Lucky likes Tracy and sees her as significant in the Spencer family, but there just isn't the magic there that there was with GV's Lucky. There was always real chemistry between JE and GV.