YR: Marla Adams has passed

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

No!! Wow!!!! 

Please register in order to view this content

We are losing more legends left and right. 

im just beyond grateful that they brought Marla/Dina back for those few years. Everyone already said it, but she definitely brought a presence back to the show that was needed since JCs/Katherines passing. her chemistry with all the Abbott kids (even PBs Jack) was definitely electric, and I’m thrilled that the Alzheimer’s story got her an Emmy! 

She will be forever missed!  

• Members

I decided to do something... as a tribute or just a nice reminder - I cut every scene she was in as Beth Logan in Bold and compiled it into a video I uploaded on youtube. The scenes, especially with Susan Flannery are breath-taking. This is a complete performance compilation - no scenes missing. It's a very moving performance - a woman who lost the man she loves to her... own daughter. And when matched with Susan Flannery's talent - it's a war of psychological intimidation.

Rest in peace,

Marla Adams

• Members

DAMN! 2 Y&R GREAT IN A WEEK, THIS MAKES ME SO SAD!

Please register in order to view this content

I MAY NEVER SEEN MARLA AS Belle on The Secret Storm But I Really Wish I Did! I loved Her As Dina Abbott Mergeron on Y&R! And really Hated Her As Claire McIntyre on DOOL but I guess that was the point anyway! She Also had some memorable guest roles on other shows! I remember her on A Hart To Hart Episode and I Remember Her As one of the "Daughters of The Old South" club Blanche wanted to Enter so badly in a Later Episode of "The Gold Girls"! Can't forget she was also a Temp in Capitol as Myrna Clegg and on "The Bold And The Beautiful" as Beth Logan, Very miscast in the later though got to admit it!

• Members

As we know Dina and Beth were nothing alike, so maybe its Marla Adams acting style. 

In between Marla Adams original run as Dina and her run as Beth, she was on Generations. I don't believe any of her Generations episodes have surfaced online.

Here are a couple of Marla Adams non-Y&R appearances during her original run as Dina.

Marla and Frank Benard rep Y&R in this CBS soap special week.

Marla introduces Tracey Bregman performance

• Members

There has to be some late 60's and 70's Secret Storm episodes out there from Marla's run as Belle. Rick at Obsolete Video services on youtube has a ton of tapes he has received from collectors that he has not transferred yet. He has posted snippets of closing credits of early 70's Secret Storm. I say he is sitting on some soap gold. 

• Members

It was great that Sally Sussman brought Dina/Marla back to Y&R but I wish that before the Alzheimers story Dina had been allowed to be a kick ass older woman causing the fur to fly In GC. Marla would have nailed it. Instead we got the dottery old lady trope.