YR: Marla Adams has passed

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Totally agree. Marla Adams original run as Dina (1983-1986) she was serving up primetime soap diva fierceness.

If Marla wasn't cast as Dina, I could totally see her on a primetime soap when they were at their peak.

• Members

Heartbreaking. I am sorry that what may have been her best work (Belle on Secret Storm) is all gone, but her work as Dina Mergeron was fascinating. In many ways Dina was an unsympathetic character, but Marla always gave her layers, and stood tall against actors who were extremely talented and extremely charismatic. 

I remember that clip that used to be on Youtube of Dina going to the Abbott home, getting into it with Mamie, and THEN getting into it with Jill. No catfights, all class, all shade, and all ice. A delirious viewing experience. 

When I heard of Ashley's current story, I wished that they had kept Dina around to play a part in it, but now I see they made the right decision. 

Even if I didn't follow most of her last story, I did see the end, which felt moving due to the work of those involved. Compared to how a number of soap legends were treated, Marla got to leave on a high.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Oh yes. That group of actors as the Abbott family were the best.

I'd like to think that Marla, Jerry, and Terry are together upstairs right now, sharing memories of their Abbott family years, with Marguerite Ray and Jeanne Cooper joining them.

Edited by kalbir

• Members

RIP another daytime legend and Y&R icon gone, right after Meg Bennett’s passing.

Please register in order to view this content

I so wish Y&R had brought back Dina wayyyy earlier than it did, and just not for weird stuff like Audrey North either. 

That’s such a legendary set of scenes to myself…BD getting announced she’s back as Jill, we get a hint that Mamie is in love with John, Jill actually standing up for Mamie in a rare moment, and the best moment being Dina just cooling telling a day drinking Jill reminds her of a “mutual friend” they have in common to Jill’s sheer horror and disgust.