Y&R: Marla Adams has passed

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Here's a look back at the last scene of Marla Adams as Dr. Claire McIntyre on "Days" in 1999, from Episode # 8621, as well as some additional paperwork from Marla's time on the show. 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

RIP, Marla. 

I am glad that she snagged a long-awaited EMMY before she passed. She will be missed. 

I do wish that soap operas would do special episodes for their actors (like they did Kristoff) when they pass away, as a nod to their legacy more often. 

It'd be refreshing and welcomed by the audience if they did one for Marla and Meg. 

• Members

Exactly. I couldn't figure out why they wouldn't position Dina as the Kay replacement for GC. Dina had ties to everybody in town - Chancellors/Hamiltons via her best friend Katherine; Newmans through Ashley/Abby, etc. She could've been put in a scene with almost character on canvas and have a connection.

MA initial run was amazing. Even though it was implausible to believe that a woman who looked like Dina would be even vaguely unrecognizable to her children after 12 years, MA and the rest sold it so well.

Like others, I wish they'd brought her back more frequently. A class act all the way.

• Members

Peter Bergman did an interview with Michael Fairman in which he honored Marla and says he was instrumental in bringing her on the show. He says, “She was so ready to tell this powerful story of Alzheimer’s and dementia. And partway into this story, it was clear that she was struggling with some of that herself. So, when people were judging Best Supporting Actress the year that she won, they saw this woman who was clearly just on a different plane than all those characters in that scene. It was stunning. Marla was a sweet, sweet woman who brought me the story that for so long we forgot to tell about Jack.”

• Errol changed the title to Y&R: Marla Adams has passed