GH: AMC actress joining

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think you hit the spot. They didn't want to. Why would they? They're just trying to get the show on the air, hope to get a renewal & continue on & they see these people as what they are, actors in need of a job & in like fashion they need actors. Works out swimmingly. They don't have a responsibility to continue characters from another show. 

• Members

Maria was never much of a character, and I don't see a reason to bring her back. With that said, casting Eva will only remind longtime ABC Daytime viewers of Maria. It feels like a lose-lose proposition. They should have cast another actress in the part.

I also never thought Eva was that great an actress to warrant a high profile casting, but we'll see. Best of luck to her.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

I just don't see any need to indulge Frank's longtime fetish for creating an ABC "super soap" anymore. A few crossovers were fine 10+ years ago but it went way too far some time ago. Let past ABC stars come on this show in new roles suited to this show's canvas, as was custom for decades. Keep crossover characters to a minimum. Angie Hubbard or David Hayward I'd make a rare (and brief) exception for given their occupation and history with certain folks, but Maria or her kids? I loved Maria but I don't care. Crossovers should be few and far between, and most actors should come on for GH roles on GH.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Eva La Rue is amazing, and The Young and the Restless wasted her as Celeste. I'm hoping her tenure as Natalia Rogers-Ramirez is more promising! Looking forward to seeing her.

I concur, especially following the recent reprisal of Kassie DePaiva's Blair, which did feel out-of-character for Blair from my POV. Jackson Montgomery on the other hand? Sign me UP!

But in the community Blaze is from is right on target, unfortunately. As disappointing as it is to say, I did fact-check this with someone I know, and they can confirm while not as prominent as the 1990's, it is still a reality.