GH: AMC actress joining

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I disagree. I think she'll be on canvas until at least the end of April. 

This is true. It is known that PM/EK are cherry picking and tweaking Dan & Chris's scripts. 

I bet Chandler can do a Latin smirk! 

Disney owns Santa Barbara! Why not open it up to all weary soap expats! 

• Members

No definitive answer for you, but some timeline stuff to consider. 

Gerald Anthony returned to "One Life to Live" in 1989 as Marco and played the romance with Jessica Tuck's Megan, in her Ruby Bright persona. I think he lasted thirteen weeks and split. There are references to him appearing in 1990, but I am not sure that is accurate. When I was trying to find the Ruby/Marco story several years back it was just a summer tale from what I recall. 

In late 1991, Anthony took a role on "Another World." There were some comments that he purposely took the job because it was the timeslot competitor to "One Life to Live." This role went on for a little bit, ending in June, 1992. 

In January, 1992, when Megan is dying, the press states that Tuck was going to be visited by both Joe Lando's Jake and Gerald Anthony's Marco before her demise. Marco didn't actually return in 1992 to "One Life to Live" did he? 

When he departed "Another World" in June, 1992, it was stated even though his character Rick had perished, the plans were for Anthony to continue to direct. 

I imagine ABC had their eye on Anthony throughout 1992, and when he came available, they snagged him. Why he didn't end up on "One Life to Live," I really don't know. Given the tight ship that Linda Gottlieb ran, I cannot imagine that would have been a good pairing, which might be why his early 1992 appearance was nixed. Gottlieb and Riche knew each other so it may have also been a case of "One Life" not having space for the character. 

• Members

If this Natalia is a short term role, then I love the casting.  She and JGL (Blaze) is  great casting.

I like the Blaze character. I was glad they found story for her. The thought of changing her to Maddie would be difficult to do, as she gave her real name as Alison back in 2023.

As Vee said, Jackson and Nora popping in as lawyers is acceptable. Building stories off character histories from other shows just because #firefrank feels like it just brings up the anger in a lot of GH fans. It's not THE ABC chumming pond, it's General Hospital. A show filled with it's own history and characters that Valentini refuses to mine.

Since she has discussed her religious Grandmother, I have a suggestion for a brief casting:

Margarita Cordova (not as her Santa Barbara or Sunset Beach characters, either.

I'd love her back on our screens, even briefly.

• Members

She seems very "with it".  I honestly think she'd be perfect as Blaze's religious Granny. I don't need them to stick around, but 3 - 5 episodes  scattered over the course of a month woud be good. Long enough to play out the story, but not like a Gladys who stuck around for years.

Edited by slick jones

• Members

While I agree it could affect Maria's history, there were all those years she was gone presumed dead in the plane crash and had amnesia and using the name MAureen I think. She could have very well had another daughter during that time, that was never really mentioned on AMC