GH: AMC actress joining

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

You mean you're not dying to see the Ben/Betsy saga from LOVE OF LIFE finally wrapped up after all this time? 

Please register in order to view this content

@Vee says he's done worse.  I dunno, I've witnessed only 3 of the 27 characters he played on GH.

• Members

When we’re down to only one CBS show, absolutely. 

—————————————

When you see a fellow poster referring to a fellow poster as a “mental patient” or an “it”, report their goddamned post. 

Edited by Lye-C

• Members

[!@#$%^&*], and here I thought Y&R had an opportunity before Donna Mills passes away to right a decades-old wrong and make Diane the long-lost child that DM's LIAMST character, Laura Donnelly Elliott, had always wanted.

• Members

I’m advocating for this because at this point GH, as the one and only remaining ABC soap, should be reconfigured as a “super soap” made up of characters from all previous ABC soaps. I’d even change its name but I suspect that would be too complicated. Just bring more ABC Daytime characters to Port Charles and transform the show into something special. 

In fact, this change should have occurred back in 2012 when Frank and Ron first came to GH. Better late than never. It’s not as if Disney is going to create a new show on Hulu or Disney+ to feature characters from OLTL, AMC, THE CITY, etc. 

• Members

General Hospital does not need to become a super soap lol.  I am familiar with AMC and OLTL, but GH has always been my favorite.  I don't need Maria on GH.   There are plenty of characters from GH's history they should bring back.  I don't need the Santos family transplanted to Port Charles.   I'd rather the show figure out how to cast Lucky or Lulu instead or figure out a way to use Lois properly.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

It’s GH’s responsibility as the final ABC soap to become a super soap. Hell, not just its responsibility but its duty.

If GH had been cancelled instead of OLTL like it was supposed to, GH fans would be clamouring to see their faves on OLTL

One doesn’t preclude the other from happening.

It would be so much smarter and easier to bring on the Pine Valley Santoses than introduce a new Hispanic family.

• Members

Nope.  It's not GH's duty.

Is it Days duty to bring on former AW actors because it's the last soap standing?  No.

Keep GH as GH.

I, as a GH fan, would not clamor for Brenda Barrett to show up in Llandview just because I miss her.  It would make no sense.

• Members

Writers should write characters that are interesting and in tone with the show. Anything else is just fan's dreams. And I have seen fans try to destroy shows for years with their absurd ideas. God have mercy on a writer that only listens to fans. I also think it's not the best to always recycle past characters - actors should be given chances to play NEW people. It's additional work and excitement for them. 

Edited by The Crazy Cat Lady