DAYS: January 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yeah, John really needs a comb

Please register in order to view this content

I’m still not enjoying the storyline but I liked the conversation John and Steve had today about bad memories. In some ways, it seemed more sophisticated than what we’re used to.

I say the same thing about Stephanie/Everett’s scenes. It was nice to see Stephanie finally open up. We got more of an understanding of why she took the actions that she did in this storyline. And she did seem a little smarter than usual about the whole situation too. I didn’t expect Everett to come clean about Jada right away but I’m looking forward to when that finally happens. I think this part of the storyline has been constructed and plotted out really well. 

Harris breaking Lucas out of prison seemed really random though. The way it was written, it was almost like there was an episode missing. We should have seen Harris breaking him out and Kate and Roman finding out that Lucas was missing. I hope we continue to see Lucas once this storyline ends. Him, out of prison and trying to rebuild his life would be a good storyline. 

• Members

Even disturbed, not sleeping, unkempt Drake looks good. I would say he's incapable of looking bad if not for the Mexican adventure in '91 when those Bermuda shorts that people wore then look absolutely horrific on him!

The scabs are writing much better dialog. We are getting so spoiled! However, I know they're trying for a slow build on this "John's past as the Pawn" storyline & I'm trying to be patient but it's not working & I find myself trying to will them to get underway with it!

Well, I respect your take on it but, me, I am bored with the two of them. Bored with him, period. Bored with her when she's with him.

Except for JT/Roman's speech about how & why Lucas is family to him, I found all of that boring & strange which is an odd combination.

Today's show was directed by Satan's EP Alarr. I keep hoping for the last time we see that name in the credits

• Members

How long is Lucas's prison sentence?  I feel like he's been in jail for years and years now lol.  Even Lani is allegedly getting out and she killed a man.  All Lucas did was kidnap Sami.  That's barely even a crime.  Why would anyone want Sami lol?  BD needs to cut his hair though stat!

The John/Steve stuff is a bit weird.  Has Steve been hiding the truth from John for 40 years now?  That seems odd.  I guess we will see where this goes.  

I though Theresa and Alex were kind of charming today.  The world feels off axis, but their scenes were cute?

Stephanie and Everett are a snooze.  If they had any chemistry it would be one thing, but they really don't.  AK was much better with BF, RSW and even Steve Burton.

• Members

Welcome back. This morning you are hilarious, with a capital HI! 

Been thinking. Everett said he had a confession to make & then he never made one. Why didn't Stephanie call him on that?!

And, also, Alex said that Marlena was very understanding about his schedule. So it was night when she was seeing him, wasn't it? 

Edited by Donna L. Bridges

• Members

4/10

First, I don't like it when DAYS sets up a cliffhanger, like Xander on Friday, and then there's no payoff on Monday.

Second, the amount of action that they tell us about rather than show us, like Lucas breaking out of prison, has become bizarre.  At least, have Harris drag in the laundry bin into the room and let Lucas pop out.

But, I'm still intrigued by Everett's backstory.  I hope he just cheated on Jada with Stephanie, and it is not anything more nefarious than that.  Because I enjoy the potential of The Spectator as a workplace (even if they do silly things like sponsor treasure hunts).  And, I would not like it if he was written into a corner as a drug kingpin, or some big baddie.

Lastly, I know he has many detractors, and there are times when he makes me cringe, but I get the appeal of RSW.  He is sexy and charismatic, and it is believable that women would be instantly smitten with him.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Ugghhh Why does Leo still exist?

And, why did Kayla talk about Johnny like he’s not her nephew lol Btw I see Johnny got a haircut.

Don’t have much to say about today but I still like how everything is being set up. Even Ava and Stefan, though I don’t know why. Maybe they each needed a person to talk to about the way they were feeling, or about how lonely each of them were.

I do have to admit that I thought the obsession with Stephanie’s love life today was a little creepy and heavy handed though. Do people actually do that in real life?

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

@JAS0N47 Hey, I've got a question. So, Janet Spellman-Drucker showed up yesterday first time as new co-EP in closing credits. Why then is Alarr still credited as the director of the day both yesterday & today? Janet wasn't promoted until the week after Alarr was fired. So, I am confused. Can you help me out? Thanks!

Whoa, Stephanie doing the walk of shame & caught by UGH-Leo. (I think that should be his new name.) Later Leo tried to get Everett's goat by letting him know he saw Steph leaving his room but he referred to her as Sally. UGH-Leo is weird, but then we knew that. 

Odd but interesting conversations today. Stefan's in a bad mood so Johnny picks now to razz him about "Love the one you're with when you're with Ava Vitali!" Unpleasant conversation.

I never thought about it before but it seemed weird to me that Steve sleeps in his eyepatch. 

Kayla reminded us that she & Steve wed on Valentine's when she congratulates Chanel.

Maybe it's just me but I think her engagement ring is ugly.

Ava & Wendy had an unpleasant conversation. 

Chanel has a great attitude about other people's business not concerning her.

Steve & Stephanie had a wonderful conversation!!! More please. 

• Members

Chanel's engagement ring looks so cheap.  Walmart has classier rings for sale.  It's so big and gaudy lol.

I agree with Stephanie her love life is not that exciting and she is a grown woman that can do what she wants.  Why would anyone care? 

Does Steve really wear his eye patch do bed?  Lol

The Wendy and Ava scenes were strange and unnecessary.  I thought Ava and Wendy got along fine.

• Members

I made the same reaction, sorta. Someone replied to me that if there is an empty socket there then he would need to because he has to keep foreign bodies from getting in there. Given the surgery that Marcus did when he was then fitted with the prosthetic, I am sure that what is there is in fact an empty socket.