DAYS: January 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That goofy karate stuff Drake does never fails to crack me up.  Obviously it looks even more ridiculous than it did 30 years ago because he's 70 now lol.  I love Marlena is slightly concerned, but is like this has happened so many times before it's almost normal 

I think EOB is slowly finding her groove as Theresa.  It's not the same as JL, but I think she's doing better.  I just hope part of her new sobriety journey is to get a new look and darken her hair.  I still find the wig so distracting lol.  I am surprised Alex is so confident in sticking by Theresa.  I feel like they barely know one another and this romance progressed so quickly.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

I cannot stand seeing Clyde on my screen. Keeping him around is insane. DAYS can't write another villain???

That's just not enough for me. Yes, EOB is "improving" as Theresa, but I just don't think she works as the character. The wig is awful, and I feel like I'm watching Gwen play a woman with an American accent.

• Members

Personally I just wish that Theresa just decides to move back to California permanently and never come back to Salem for a long while. This is probably going to be a hot take but I really don't think Theresa works as a long term character, and it shows. She should be like Sami and pop in and out occasionally whenever the occasion calls for it. Just have Jen Lilley play Theresa again during those brief visits to the canvas. The less Theresa people see, the better. Just swap her with Andrew and I'm sure that a lot of people would be very happy. Besides, it's not like Tate really needs his mom anyway; he'll be just fine with Brady. 

Edited by MissPhoenixGirl92

• Members

You’re right. I think it took her a while, but she really is starting to understand the character. 

The writing has helped too. Theresa’s finally being written like a mother. 

Or at least a villain who doesn’t irritate the crap out of the fans 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

EOB is by no means perfect or even anywhere near there, but I think Theresa is finally getting decent material and it works for the type of acting EOB does well at.  The accent is still rough, the wig is cartoonish, but she seems more sympathetic than she originally did and a bit more at ease with the material.

• Members

As much as I like it when characters who don’t usually have scenes together do have scenes together, I don’t know about Stephanie now working with Ava and Stefan. I don’t mind her being a part of the drug storyline, but I think they should’ve used another way to bring her into it. Ava’s attitude about Stephanie/Harris could be pretty interesting though. I thought the show had forgotten about that. 

Btw, I see the Stefan-stache is starting to grow in

Please register in order to view this content

I’m also a little interested in Chad killing the Bistro story at the Spectator. Those scenes were good, except for Leo, who was totally unnecessary today. Chad’s choice is an added beat to all these storylines and it could lead to something good happening. 

Sarah, Chanel and Abe being there for Paulina was nice as well. 

And, idk why, but the ending felt a little weird. It was like they tried to add a hook in order to get people to watch tomorrow but it didn’t work at all. 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

How exactly is Theresa reverting back to being a scheming and manipulative gold-digger and a drug addict equals getting decent material for her? All that's proving is that Theresa is a pathetic and worthless character that cannot stand on her own and is better off as a short-term character. If this is all the writers are capable of giving Theresa in terms of story, then she shouldn't be on this show long term anyway. Even the El Fideo story is starting to look good in comparison. 

• Members

Not much happened today. It wasn’t necessarily bad though.

Leo just needs to go away and never come back. 

And I’m not here for a Brady/Kristen reunion either. Brady needs to be single for a while, or at least find someone new. Jada maybe?

But I am interested in whether or not the show’s going to push the mystery of who the dirty cop is. I still really like how they seem to be laying the groundwork for future story. 

And surprisingly, I thought RSW did better than he usually does today. He still needs work though. Alex actually seemed sincere today in trying to get Theresa to stay in town. Usually, in scenes like this he comes off as sneaky and manipulative but he didn’t today. 

• Members

I realize it is an age-old scab writer's trick, but the use flashbacks in the Theresa and Alex scene were absurd.  As an audience, we are well aware of their motives, and we don't need to rewatch a scene from a few months to remind ourselves.  It is just heavy-handed and silly.