• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

Happy New Year y’all

Please register in order to view this content

One thing I really liked about today was the change in style. Today just felt so different then what we’ve gotten used to after so long and I enjoyed that. Everything was taken seriously, instead of being treated like some big joke or a soap opera parody. And the episodes itself, and the characters reactions, seemed a lot more realistic. I really hope people BTS are taking notice of this. 

Tate seemed a little stupid today, but again, it just seemed so realistic. Fear makes people do stupid things. And I thought the actor did pretty well today too. He finally got a chance to flex his acting muscles and I was impressed.

I enjoyed Abe/Paulina and the way it was written as well. Jackee, in particular, really stood out to me  and I honestly think this was one of the best performances she’s given since she’s been on Days. It seemed so in character for Paulina, but at the same time, it wasn’t over the top and silly. And I actually smiled when Abe said he loved her and was sticking by her no matter what lol

Good way to start the new year. I’m looking forward to tomorrow’s episode. 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Toups pinned this topic
  • Members

Happy New Year to all my lovely Days fans!

DF's EJ is so nice and romantic it is a completely different take from James Scott's version.  I don't dislike it.  It is just hard to wrap my head around.

Tate was being a bit dumb, but at least he had the presence of mind to text Brady and not Theresa.  He's only a kid and it was a realistic reaction.  Holly seizing and throwing up was pretty traumatizing.

Stefan's speech at the Bistro was silly.  Did Brandon Barash just write his own lines?  It was such a weird scene.

Ari and EM were both really good today.

The Paulina/Abe stuff was good, but I think this story has just drug out too long.  Abe needs to remember.

• Members
Posted (edited)

The Paulina and Abe stuff was moving.  I thought it was creative to twist this into a story of how they fell in love again, rather than trying to recapture what they once had.  Without Paulina's cash, I hope Abe has a pension or disability.  And are both he and Stephanie living with Kayla and Steve?

Marlena's got the touch.  Nicole had one session, during which Marlena asked a single question, and now she's ready to move on from her baby's death and make sweet, sweet love to her husband.

Tate's guilt is farfetched.  Nicole knows Holly was hungover yesterday, so it is not that unbelievable that she would also use pills in a soap universe (which we all accept has different logic than our reality).  Also, hasn't Johnny seen her smoking pot?  And even if Tate has possession of the pills, nobody would believe that he forced Holly to take them because they all saw him in the Bistro moments before the OD.

Question, have they always called him Alex?  I thought when he first returned, most people referenced him as Alexander, but I wonder if that was just a device to get the audience to remember the character from when he was a child?  It was just a bit distracting today when everyone called him Alex.

Finally, I'm not a Harris fan, but his blue eyes are piercing.

Edited by j swift

• Members

A lot of stupid people in today’s episode, but their stupid actions made sense considering what they’re going through. The acting was pretty good all around, for the most part. Jamie Martin Mann is still really standing out to me. I hope they continue to use him/Tate effectively. Btw, what was that little angry spasm that EJ did at the coffee pot? 

On the other hand, Tripp was the smartest person today lol I’m glad that he put everything together about Ava. Still not sure about him being a secondary character in that storyline. There are better ways for them to cause problems for him and Wendy. 

And, we got an update about John’s dad. Glad he’s doing well

Please register in order to view this content

Overall, today wasn’t the best episode. It seems there is a writer on the scab team that isn’t as good as the rest. But at the same time, I’m really enjoying the change in style that each script has. It was well passed the time for a change and I’m glad that we finally got one. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

I agree.  I thought I was being too harsh and it was my own issue with Steve Burton, but so far Harris is just the non-hitman version of Jason.   Luckily he is without the Sonny/Michael/Carly baggage, but Harris needs to be integrated with the rest of the cast. 

Edited by carolineg

• Members

Harris was a pretty fringe character to begin with, but the show could do almost anything with him and his family.  I don't know why Harris can't become friends with say Eric or Brady.  I also don't know why the show was so set on bringing a minor character from the late 80's back.  I wouldn't have even blinked if they gave SBu a new character.

• Members
Posted (edited)

They really have been putting Nicole through the wringer. Friday and Monday were genuinely great episodes of Days.

Is today the first time Marlena has mentioned Maggie by name in years? I remember when I first started watching Days they were BFF.

Edited by Antoyne

• Members

5.7/10

Was the coffee scene foreshadowing something for EJ?  I'm confused if that was his way of expressing his grief over his stepdaughter, whom he just met last month (with this head on her body), or if they were trying to convey that EJ had taken something?

Did not expect the Brady twist.

Do people still drink warm milk?