DAYS: January 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Lol.  Wendy isn't her given name, but, yeah, it's a little dated.

First, I don't know why every man is obsessed with Stephanie.  She seems nice and fine although not someone that would have multiple men after her.  Second, why would anyone care where she sleeps or with whom?  She's about 30, Leo is 40 plus and I don't think I cared about who was sleeping with who in my town since I was 20.  Third, Leo isn't being catty and gossip-y and fun-he's been downright creepy. 

Chanel was the only person today not entirely enthralled with Stephanie's love life.

• Members

3.8/10

I liked the Ava and Wendy scenes because it helped define their relationship.

But, that scene and the Everett/Leo scene were so annoying because of how they chop up conversations.  Characters get approximately two lines of dialogue, then they cut, and come back for two more lines.  I'm not a content expert, but it feels like on streaming the audience can tolerate longer scenes.

Is it possible that Stefan knows about Johnny's engagement before EJ?  And isn't it a bit tacky to get married whilst your stepmother and sister are in an Italian hospital?

They're really playing the “what time of day is it in Salem” game with Kayla getting home from the hospital while everyone is still in bed.  But, what Chief of Staff works overnight shifts?

Fourth, are Stephanie and Everett famous enough in Salem to have gossip written about them in the newspaper?

Headline: Former coma patient and lady who still lives with her parents might be canoodeling?

Also, just last week, Everett threatened to quit because Chad squashed a story for personal reasons.  Isn't he doing the same thing with Leo?

Edited by j swift

• Members

Lol.  True.  Is this even a story though?  Two adults that are single spent the night together.   There are drug busts, murders, OD's, multiple baby kidnappings, etc. everyday in Salem.  Why would the readers care who Stephanie is spending her nights with?  I don't care and I watch this show on purpose every day.

Please register in order to view this content

Something about Leo being OBSESSED with Everett and Stephanie creeped me out more than usual.   Leo needs to go out a find the real gossip and not bother grown people about their boring relationship.

• Members

He must have taped 50 percent or more of those two episodes on the last day he worked (since he directs on Fridays) which is the last day he worked in July. So Janet must have been promoted at that point and was Co-EP when the remaining scenes of those two episodes were taped in August.

• Members

I'm a few days behind and haven't read this whole thread, but my God, Marlena looks SO thin in the face! What's going on with her? Anyone know? I hope she's okay and maybe it's just the Ozempic craze. She's very noticeably thin.

Wow, Stephanie really spoke to me with her heartfelt explanation to Everett. I feel that way right now, exactly as she described.

Edited by Beachstorm

• Members

Hey, we finally got some follow up on Xander’s phone call

I wonder what this is all about and I’m looking forward to seeing how it turns out. I hope they find a way to tie it to Sarah and the secret with Alex and Theresa somehow. This is how you write something that suddenly comes out of nowhere. You don’t just change a character.

Like with Chad today. His anti-Dimera attitude came out of nowhere, though his explanation to Johnny did make a little sense. I think it’s a good idea and I really enjoyed their scenes today, but maybe it would have more sense if Chad had tied it to Stefan and the drug stuff, instead of just Abigail’s death. I wouldn’t mind Johnny/Chanel being weaved into the drug storyline.

I’m also liking the dynamic between Brady and Alex over Theresa. They seemed to be hitting a lot of beats with this triangle and what each character brings into it and I’m liking that. Plus, it’s a lot better than a Brady/Kristen reunion.

The toast to Roman seemed really random though but I liked it lol

• Members

I think it's just bad extensions probably the clip on type.  Her hair seems to grow and become shorter episode to episode.  

Have Chad and Johnny ever been close historically?  Enough for him to ask Chad to be his best man?  And poor Chanel has no close friends.  Who's going to stand up for her?

The Xander and Stefan scenes were a bit strange and unexpected.  Overall it was pointless, but they don't ever really interact.

The toast to Roman was a bit weird, but the show rarely acknowledges he was a cop so I guess it's okay.  

Overall, just a filler episode.   We only got one update from Chad on Stephanie's love life today.  

• Members

He'd be killed off in my first scene.

In fact, the show would open with Leo's body laying on the ground.

"What the hell happened to Leo?"

"I dunno.  Pizza?"

"Sounds good!"

Edited by Khan