DAYS: January 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

You're exactly right about Leo -- he needs to be dumped, period.

RSW was better in those scenes, but I think Alex actually OVER-apologized to Theresa for reacting when he caught her kissing Brady. I mean, what??? She was kissing another guy.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Okay, Leo's suit? Is that what they're wearing these DAYS?!! 

And, was it cute or what that Rachel had on an animal print coat? I enjoyed seeing her & Brady running off at the mouth toward Kristen as if she were doing something bad now, when now, she's not. 

Oh, yeah, today is Drake's anniversary, 38 years. 

Edited by Donna L. Bridges

• Members

Damn, the Stefan-stache really grew out in just a few hours

Please register in order to view this content

Still not sure why neither him or Ava can’t just have Clyde killed, especially since they put on such an act for Rafe and Harris today. Things would improve so much if Clyde, Leo and Konstantin were all killed off. 

Could’ve done without the social commentary on news reporting though. Stephanie should still be the biggest source of conflict for Chad and Everett.

Tripp and Wendy talking about Tripp’s roots and what toxic traits could be passed on to him could lead to something interesting as well. It would be a better storyline then the two of them just having to deal with Ava’s stuff. Maybe he’ll be the one that kills Clyde lol 

I admit, I think things have slowed a little bit in terms of the writing but I’m still enjoying a lot of what’s going on right now. And considering what was happening BTS at the time this was written, I think the scab writers are doing a good job in spite of all that. I just hope that, with all this buildup, Valentine’s Day turns out to be really big and crazy for people in Salem. 

They must really want him to fall in love lol which I understand, considering the secret. I still kind of want him to be suspicious though. 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

So true, and it's a lost aspect of nearly all the soaps now with their limited budgets and characters living in and out of hotel rooms. 

It makes it all the more jarring when couples break up and they leave their dwellings with one single suitcase and all the furniture and chachkis are left behind for the next occupant. 

• Members

Good episode today. Even though there are some scenes that get a little boring sometimes, I still like the way things are being built up until they reach that big climax. It doesn’t feel as rushed anymore. And I’m really liking that everything is being taken seriously and not being written like some big stupid joke.

I’m glad we know that Everett probably is full of crap and I wonder what he’s gonna say on Monday. I was starting to worry that it was gonna turn out that he had DID or something. I’m looking forward to the day that Jada finally sees him. The big Valentine’s Day scavenger hunt, maybe? I just hope that the Stephanie/Jada friendship isn’t affected by this. That’s been really nice for both characters. 

Btw, maybe I missed the explanation in an earlier episode, but wtf is geocaching?

I liked the Theresa/Kayla scenes. They seem to work really well together and Theresa does need someone to talk to about the mess she’s in and how she’s feeling right now. Alex/Marlena was good too. 

I’m interested in the cliffhanger with Xander too. I didn’t see it coming lol it could be something pretty good. 

• Members

I know! Things are in earnest, in real terms, and instead of being tone deaf, the stories & conversations have tone. It's so nice! 

I remember that Wendy contributed the term in their first conversation about the scavenger hunt. I believe what it is, is that an object is hidden in some spot & you have to find where it is, so that's geographical & its in something, so that's the cache. 

The most interesting thing to me about the cliffhanger is that they used an actual voice modulator. To me it introduces an all new level of threat. 

Edited by Donna L. Bridges
more info

• Members

Here is JoeCool the Jarlena fan on Twitter most likely to be blocked and to counter block. Called a bully. Fights with Kristen fans. Fights with OG Roman fans. I used to fondly say that JoeCool has more DAYS video than God. They are the most egregious biased anti Wayne Northrup Roman poster. Also anti-Kristen. Enjoy their clips as much as you like but if they interpret ... beware. 

• Members

That's probably where Ron Carlivati had intended to go. 

I still would love to know how this cheap-ass show plans to stage a scavenger hunt when all they have in the way of sets are one multi-purpose room and a park bench with astroturf underneath.

• Members

Yes, it is my opinion, also my assessment but it is hardly JUST my opinion. It is the opinion of an entire segment of the DAYS Twitter timeline. And the issue is - and I thought I made this clear in the part you snipped - their interpretation, their bias, their slant, from clip selection to their captioning. I get along fine with most Jarlena fans. You can tell from here that I have no difficulty discussing with people who have different views on OG Roman. 

• Members

It was a good old-fashioned cliffhanger.  Especially now that the Sarah conflict is resolved, so it didn't seem like there was a lot for them to do but raise a baby.  However, it made me wonder who could have that kind of hold over Xander to demand that he eliminate a threat.  I thought Xander was doing well with The Spectator, but I am unclear if he sold the whole thing to Chad, or if he still has an interest?  Because I am unaware of any source that could control him financially at this point.

It's a GPS based treasure hunt.  Rather than standard clues, you give the participant coordinates to find by GPS.  I assume we'll see a lot of characters with their phones up in air tracking down the game's treasures.  And I would also guess that's how Everett and Jada will cross paths.  It will probably all take place in the square (under the possible dome).   

Also, totally against character, I am willing to suspend my disbelief that Jada and Stephanie just found out today that they both lived in Seattle.  But, I like that Everett's ring that he wanted to gift Stephanie  is going to play a role in the story. 

Edited by j swift

• Members

Again, I hope people BTS are taking notice of all the positive feedback. 

I heard that rumor somewhere, that the Everett storyline was changed by the scabs. I wonder what the original plan was

I was thinking about that too. I wonder who it could be. 

It could be pretty interesting, especially if somehow plays into the whole secret about Alex.