GH: December 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

Sam & Krissy good talk. 

BLQ & Maxie good talk.

Lucy confessing to Maxie interesting talk but I have a bad feeling about Lucy giving sway to her weakness for Scott. 

Scott & Liesl, thank god she stuck to her guns. And so good to see her! 

Ned & Tracy, hooray, rapprochement & reconciliation! 

Tracy & BLQ, if she can get Maxie to get a salary again! 

Now why didn't Krissy tell Sam she has a girlfriend?!!! 

Edited by Donna L. Bridges
typo

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I started noticing GH/ABC execs only in recent years so I have no idea of his past. 
Here's his linkedin
https://www.linkedin.com/in/nathan-varni-742b4336/details/experience/

-------------

Oh I found this
https://michaelfairmantv.com/nathan-varni-shares-he-is-no-longer-abc-programming-exec-overseeing-general-hospital/2020/04/11/

Fairman said April 11, 2020 that Varni made an announcement on his facebook page:

“To the many fantastic General Hospital fans I’m friends with here on Facebook: First, I hope you’re healthy and stay safe during the coronavirus pandemic. I share bittersweet news that I am no longer overseeing GENERAL HOSPITAL for ABC’s programming department. I was with the show for seven years, covering more than 2,000 of its record-breaking 14,600+ episodes. In that time, I’ve had the pleasure of meeting many of you in person, and loved interacting with even more of you online, including here.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Per the Varni facebook post that Fairman quoted,
it was *during* the 19-20 season that Varni stopped overseeing GH.

Varni's Linkedin shows he was
gone from ABC for the 20-21 season;
back at ABC in the 21-22 season;
and returned to overseeing GH in the 22-23 season.
(He doesn't give specific start/end dates)

https://www.linkedin.com/in/nathan-varni-742b4336/details/experience/

Executive Director Current Programming ABC
Dec 2019 - Present 

22-23 season series: WILL TRENT, THE COMPANY YOU KEEP, ALASKA DAILY, THE CONNERS, GREY'S ANATOMY, STATION 19, GENERAL HOSPITAL

21-22 season series: THE CONNERS, GREY’S ANATOMY, STATION 19

19-20 season series: THE CONNERS, GREY’S ANATOMY, HOW TO GET AWAY WITH MURDER, THE BAKER & THE BEAUTY, STATION 19 and GENERAL HOSPITAL

Director, Current Programming ABCDirector,
Sep 2018 - Dec 2019

18-19 season: The Conner’s, Grey's Anatomy, How to Get Away With Murder, Grand Hotel, False Profits and General Hospital

Manager & Sr Manager, Current Programming ABC
Jul 2013 - Sep 2018

18-19 season: The Conners, Grey's Anatomy, How to Get Away With Murder, Grand Hotel, False Profits and General Hospital 

17-18 season: Once Upon A Time, Roseanne, Kevin (probably) Saves the World, Scandal and General Hospital 

16-17 season: Dr Ken, The Middle, Once Upon A Time and General Hospital

15-16 season: The Middle, Once Upon A Time and General Hospital 

14-15 season: Once Upon A Time, Cristela, General Hospital and GH Now! (Digital Talk Show) 

13-14 season: General Hospital, Once Upon A Time, Once Upon A Time in Wonderland

Edited by janea4old

• Members

The moment they brought on Kate Mansi, I knew Kristina would be front and center for the foreseeable future (of her contract). When the Molly actress got in all of that legal trouble, they had to scurry to get someone plausible enough since the entire storyline was already written and would revolve around her, TJ and Krissy.

I'm still shocked every time I see KateM on this show. She is a powerhouse actress. I can't wait to see what she does with this upcoming pregnancy/baby. It will no doubt be super soapy and juicy.

• Members

GH and their music...UGH.  I just lived through Violet's singing.

Sonny also likes to lurk around the Metro Court as well.

I'll be honest I think I like Mansi better as Kristina than I did as Abigail.   She was by far the best Abigail, but I just think Kristina is a more interesting character in general.

• Members

The only one I even slightly allow is Eddie Maine.  Not because I think WK is amazing, but at least there is a historical background on Ned/Eddie that I like.

Everything else is silly especially Violet because it seemed like GH was just trying to get an episode to an appropriate length by inserting a cute little girl singing.  Her OWN SONG she wrote.  At least give her a well known Christmas Carol or something.  Violet must be some sort of savant or genius.  She writes songs, rehearses said songs with her uncle to put on performances, plans dates, makes necklaces, butts into adults personal lives, and probably rescues abandoned kittens and puppies in her spare time lol.  No 8? year old does this.

***everything Hat Daddy is unnecessary so I completely ignore his scenes entirely.

• Members

For what's worth, today turned me into a Dante and Sam fan.

It always seemed like a rebound romance between two characters who were just waiting for their true love to return.  However, I like that they're working together to solve a mystery.  And, I liked the attention to detail that Dante didn't take a picture because he was worried about his cloud memory being hacked.  I thought the bank scene demonstrated that GH is still best at finding unique ways to tell a story without spending more than two cents on a set. It looked like the entire thing was filmed in the hallway of the studio.

I have no idea why Ava would sell Wyndemere, or why she suddenly is calling her entire relationship with Nikolas toxic, when really it started off with good intentions.  But, I guess if I had a penthouse that matched my blouse I would consider moving there, as long as the butler from Wyndemere was part of the bargain.

Edited by j swift