GH: December 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

Thank you. I remember that conversation now. So, the scab writers did that. I was told they'd have to have approval for something like that. How convoluted for the head of Pikeman to also be the head of the WSB. 

You're serious? You want to get rid of Diane? Can I ask why? I thought I was the only person who doesn't like her. 

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I have serious issues with Diane that I have explained in detail but will again lol.  Outside of her RIDICULOUS Robert romance.  I haven't liked her for years.   I couldn't stand her shaming Sonny/Jason all the time.  They deserve it, but not while this women was actively defending them and taking their money.  Not to even mention she was dating her own mob flunkie in Max for years.  This woman is the epitome of hypocrisy.

Yeah.  I keep waiting for Alexis to get her law license back but it doesn't seem to be in the writers heads.

• Members

I don't know why I didn't know this! I LOVE IT! It's driving me crazy that Robert likes her. EW. And she has horrid attitudes! She is so superior. I really think she thinks she is better than everyone else. The friendship with Alexis makes me want to barf. I haven't used the word barf in years! 

• Members

Yup.  All I am saying is everyone can hate the mob/Sonny/Jason/whoever.  That's a valid human response.  But when she is charging double as she says most times when the case is tough she should shut it. Diane might be a fantastic lawyer, but I am sure Sonny could find a more silent one that isn't as judgey.  Her exasperation about doing her job that she signed up for really bugs me.

• Members

I don't exactly mind it either.  I just think Alexis, of all people, would fight harder to get back to the law and her passion.  They have explained it a bit on screen, but it feels slightly out of character for her to just drop the entire career she built her entire life on.  Also it makes Diane more relevant.

Lol. Agreed.  I remember her in 2010 telling Sonny it was bad optics to date/marry Brenda because of her involvement with the Balkan.  Which might have been true?  But also, 100% worse for Brenda to date Sonny because of everything he did in the past 25 years.  She sucks and is a hater!

• Members

Why is Valentine now in denial when it comes to Charlotte? 

I assume the scene with Anna was written to rehash the plot, in order to both tie up loose ends and reinforce the idea that Charlotte's not responsible for the stuff that Pikeman's people did.  But, it felt clumsy for Valentine to suddenly not understand Charlotte's capacity for evil.  Also, it seemed like it would've made more sense if that scene was with Kevin, or even Ava. 

And why do both Charlotte and Violet speak as if they're BFFs with Anne of Green Gables?  These dialogue writers need to meet a little girl and hear them talk.  I expect that they'll be both looking forward to a new petticoat with a matching parasol from Father Christmas this year because no kid born in this century talks like them.

Daddy, when will you give Aunt Liz a ring? STFU kiddo, no girl her age cares that much about their father's romantic life.

Papa, I need to protect you from evil!! Go play with your hoop and stick and stop bothering the adults.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Charlotte's "PaPa! PaPa!" and Cody Bell's "MamaQ" are two things that make my head explode! 

Tonight Valentin once again lived down to my recently adjusted low bar expectations. He has not done anything a father would do. Hasn't asked her questions. Has she only had the one session with Kevin? What the hell is he waiting for?

• Members

Ugh, Violet singing. Actually it wasn't as bad as I thought it might be. She is a very talented young girl. My good friend in southern California is friends with her parents, who used to be performers in Cirque du Soleil. The girl has many artistic talents (and does write her own songs).But a little Violet goes a looooong way.

Please register in order to view this content

I see her front teeth have fully grown in now. That must make her about, what, 7 or 8 years old?

• Members

I really like this hot actor they cast as the new chief of WSB + Pikeman.  I hope he sticks around and doesn't end up being just a short-term villain.  He'd be great opposite Anna, Felicia, Lucy or Laura.  Or better even Jordan, if they ever give her a romance.

So cute how Lucy & Scott were reminiscing about their history and reminding us that Serena's out there somewhere (though they seem to always forget about Christina, LOL).  Same for Lois reminiscing about Christmas at the Quartermaines with Lila and Reginald.

Can someone please re-train the Violet actress to stop doing line deliveries like she does?  She is no Shirley Temple.

I can't stand Diane, either, but I'd rather her stay on the canvas and be humiliated constantly.  It's always hilarious when someone intentionally or unintentionally knocks her down a peg like Robert.

Edited.  Just realized I mixed up Charlotte with Violet.  They're both terrible.

Edited by BrendaB