GH: December 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

Sarah as a teen and young adult was pretty general and ill defined that you could do anything with her.   I can almost see why the show has a hard time with her.  But if you are casting Liz's sister just cast Sarah not some weird random sister.   Gh loves to cast names in random roles.  I am not going to lie, but I actually liked BM's take on Jason.  It wasn't true to Jason really, but it was at least interesting and he was nice to Monica.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I agree, re: Miller, and prior to him taking on the role of Jason I was not a fan of his. But he really did well in the role and kind of transitioning Jason back into a Quartermaine, which was largely missing for such a long time. I genuinely don't think Hayden was meant to be Liz's sister, but it was a decision the writer made at last minute to continue Hayden's presence on the canvas. It still makes little sense to me right now. And I'd love to see Sarah cast in 2024!

• Members

Gina Tognoni?  Lol!  I wouldn't hate it. 

I am definitely more of a Steve Burton/Jason fan than a BM fan, but his take on Jason was lighter and refreshing.  Jason became such a downer of a character under Steve and I did enjoy the humor BM brought to the table and I did think BM had nice chemistry with Monaco and Herbst.  

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Never going to let me live that one down, and no, not Gina Tognoni. She's firmly in my "Skye Chandler Quartermaine" recast folder. My prime pick⏤which I know is likely never to happen⏤would be Bethany Joy Lenz.

Meh. I wasn't even a Jason fan until Miller stepped into the role, but you are right: he had some nice chemistry with Rebecca Herbst & Kelly Monaco, and he worked well with those he shared scenes with within the family, both as Drew & Jason.

• Members

I love the idea of BJL as Sarah.  For some reason I feel like GT is too young for Skye, but I could be wrong.

BM did what he could with the role and with Drew.  CM seems like he just playing Ryan Lavery on a different soap.  I don't see any chemistry with anyone there although CM seems like a nice guy.  

• Members

Lenz, to me, is visually compatible to Herbst, in terms of being a sister. Plus, it'd tie-in the fact Lenz replaced Budig on Guiding Light, LOL! As for Tognoni, she is 50 years old and Robin Christopher is 58. By comparison, Carrie Genzel is 52, so Tognoni is within the age-range of Skye based on two previous portrayers.

The moment Cameron Mathison shaved his face he lost his lure as Drew, for me. Josh Kelly would've been a more suitable pick, visually, but age-wise, he'd be off (though, closer to Miller). But, it's clear they wanted someone closer to Steve Burton's age.

• Members

Lenz feels a little young to me to be Liz's older sister, but I think she would kill the role. They look much more alike than RH and Jennifer Sky did.  I actually met BJL in real life years ago in a real life, non soap setting and....she wasn't the best.  She was with Adrienne Frantz and she wasn't great either.

As far as GT as Skye-I consider Skye older than both Carly/Brenda and GT seems like that's the age range she fits (Carly/Brenda).  It would work fine though.  I would push for Carrie Genzel though.  Loved her take on Skye.

Again, I don't hate Drew/CM, but his existence feels unnecessary.  It's just like Carly needs a love interest when we all know she'll go back to Sonny eventually (unless Queen Brenda returns

Please register in order to view this content

), but that's why he is on the canvas.

• Members

They were both pretty young so I am sure they are fine now.  It was in Frantz's dating Johnny Rzeznik era and they were both obnoxious and entitled.  Before BJL was even on One Tree Hill so I am really aging myself here lol.  I grew up/lived in a tourist trap in Ca so I have actually met a lot of soap stars.  Steve Burton might have been the nicest.  I know I will regret saying that, but he was really lovely and shorter than I thought.  

CM just seems like a guy that will go with the flow and be easy to deal with.  He's handsome and slightly charming, so I can see the idea behind hiring him.  It's just very, very dull in execution.

• Members

Ah, it makes more sense, now, haha. And nah. Not aging yourself at all! Love hearing experiences like this. I really do. I just doubt Lenz wants a return to daytime; she seems content doing her Hallmark holiday films at this point, but I also got a sense from watching her Locher Room interviews that she looked back well at her Guiding Light days, so who knows.... maybe the opportunity will knock?

Oh, definitely. It is dull in execution; he & Laura Wright do have some chemistry (stemming from the What If... episodes), but Drew & Carly, respectively, share zero chemistry, and it shows.

• Members

I think Lenz probably set herself up well with OTH.  She stayed with the show the entire run.  It's also a lot easier doing Hallmark movies than day to day soaps.   Too bad.  I have always liked her work.

I just don't get Drew's point.  He basically only exists for Carly right now.  The only other things he does is talk to Michael and try to send Scout off to boarding school.  He's not even fauxJason anymore.  If and when he and Carly break up he would have nothing to do.

• Members

Interesting facts: Austin was killed in his 200th episode on the show.

The four Mollies and the two Kristina have combined for over 50 episodes each. Molly and Kristina have never both had 50 episodes in a year.

Esme's last appearance was her 201st episode.

Edited by Aragorn