GH: December 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

I can't stand Violet.  I can't stand the actress.  I know she's a child and I am an awful person, but I hope Hayden somehow gains full custody so I don't have to see her again. 

I don't mind Charlotte as much, but no GH kids except James/Georgie act like normal kids.  Violet and Charlotte do use the most antiquated expressions lol. 

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That singing was torture. Give me 20 seconds of it and I won't comment at all, but that went on FOREVER. GH acts like they've discovered some child singing prodigy AND THEY HAVEN'T.

Of course, GH also acts like Eddie Maine is a Spotify sensation, so there's that.

I haven't liked Diane since forever, for all the reasons you name. I think Carolyn Hennesy is a decent actress, but to be perfectly honest, I can't get past her right wing politics, and that's what I see when she's on my screen. I am probably unfair, but I feel like she's playing herself.

• Members

I feel creepy saying this because she's a child but I cannot stand Violet, the whole package, actress & character!

Now, Charlotte's "Papa!" drives me crazy but I do realize the actress is good, so that's not as bad as Violet. I really truly want Hayden to come get her!

And my memory tells me Eddie Maine used to be entertaining. And when I see Wally with the guys he's good. But, NEddie ... wasn't good at all, not one bit! How weird is that?

Well, it's true I hate her politics, so that exists. But, really my dislike of Diane is separate but just as bad.

Please register in order to view this content

The only thing I enjoyed about Diane was when Robert humiliated her over Holly! So that's ugly! 

• Members

Allow me to clarify.  I have no notes for two actresses.  I think there is a time and place for child actors on soaps, and one expects a few saccharine scenes around the winter holidays.

It is the archaic dialogue that I find objectionable.  It sticks out like a sore thumb that you have contemporary discussions about surrogacy and debt one day, and then little girls screaming, “papa, papa wherefore art thou?” the next.

• Members

I liked Violet and always thought the actress was cute, especially with her lisp. However, the moment she began ordering dinner and dates, et al, is when the allure wore off. Now? Hayden can come back to town, visit Elizabeth & others, collect Finn & Violet, and leave town, and when she returns, both are living without her somewhere in Europe or something.

• Members

I'll be honest and say Hayden is just a character that's a weird fever dream for me.  Why didn't they just make her Sarah?  Why does this character even exist?  If the show was going to get a name and hire Budig why did they make the character so random and awful?

Edited by carolineg

• Members

Ask the "writer," haha. It would have made sense to just make her Sarah and bring the character back, instead of retconning things to suit one's own delusional preconceived notions their stories are worthwhile and pay-off. And then tie-in Billy Miller's casting as Jason Morgan? Whew. Choices. Honestly, I'd love to see Sarah return to Port Charles, but it seems like the writing regimes really dislike the character.