GH: Jackie Zeman passed away

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Oh my God. We are loosing our daytime legends fast. Bobbie was a great charachter and I wish she'd gotten more lead material in the 2000s.

I'm really concerned about Leslie Charleson and I'm hoping we see her again soon.

Edited by ironlion

• Members

I dipped into GH during the Luke & Laura heyday and I was never a fan of them but I did almost instantly fall in love with two characters: Denise Alexander's Leslie and Jackie Zeman's Bobbie. I never watched the show regularly but I was happy to see either one of them on the rare instances I did. In the last decade, I'd tune in if I knew either of them would be in a particular episode. Unfortunately, that turned out to be exceedingly rare. 

I can't even believe she was 70 years old, let alone that she's now gone. I'm grateful for all the entertainment and enjoyment she provided over the years. 

• Members

What touching words from John Stamos. Didn't think he'd mention her passing, but I'm glad he did. 

Someone mentioned Lisa Brown's passing earlier, and I feel the same way right now as I did about her passing. Shock and unable to believe that someone with such light, humor, and warmth could be taken away from us. She seemed like one of those people who would live on forever. 

• Members

As obnoxious as I find Steve Burton, Jackie was such an excellent guest on his podcast with Bradford.  I’ve read interviews with her for decades and I really felt like I got to know her history pre-GH in a way that I never had before on her episode. She lived an exciting life and she really took those opportunities.

The Hollywood Reporter posted a story about her, it’s full of errors, but there were some great quotes.  I love that JZ described younger Bobbie as an opportunist, and respected that she always was intelligent.

Her death is receiving more publicity than I would have imagined- GH really still has a stranglehold on pop culture from their heyday. She’s trending, the tributes are moving and vast. She was a soap icon for being warm, gracious, and a great actor.

I also love whatever messy person at HR decided to shade JFP in the tribute, which Jackie really handled with class.

In 2001, Jill Farren Phelps came on as a producer at General Hospital, and Zeman’s screen time declined as the show shifted away from Bobbie storylines. “[Phelps] wasn’t interested in the character,” Zeman told We Love Soaps. “She wanted to have other characters come on and fill that place and as a producer that is her prerogative. I certainly had a good run as Bobbie. I have nothing to feel bad about or complain about. It was a long, fabulous time.”

The show must do a tribute.  And I would love a goodbye for Bobbie, but also one for Jackie.  I’m sure Tony Geary would do something for that, even if it is a recorded message from the Netherlands. With as many Carly’s and former lovers as possible!

• Members

Luke and Laura's escapades might have captured the zeitgeist, but I don't think JZ ever gets enough credit for her part in saving GH from the axe.  You just have to watch some clips on YT from before JZ/Gloria Monty/Douglas Marland to know that the show was going nowhere before the Scotty/Laura/Bobbie triangle took off.