GH: Jackie Zeman passed away

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I'm sure I'll end up putting this in some dedicated thread along with more to say, but Jackie is one of my very first memories of the show. I just adored Bobbie from the start, she was a favorite from the jump. I was always invested in her and even when I teased her about her face work in recent years I never stopped rooting for her to keep it together and was always happy to see her.

I have to call my ex on this one, he was a lifer too.

• Members

I can't believe this is happening.  Jackie Zeman, gone?  This has to be some kind of sick joke.

What that lady was able to accomplish through her work on GH -- taking a scheming, self-centered student nurse and turning her into one of most beloved heroines in soaps -- is astonishing.

Damn.  Just...damn.

• Members

From the start, JZ imbued Bobbie with so much heart and soul that you couldn't help but root for her, despite her function as spoiler for Scotty and Laura's romance.  And her scenes of grief over B.J.'s death?  In a word: phenomenal.  She, along with everyone else involved in that story, set a standard in daytime that has yet to be matched.

This is just so unreal.  We have to appreciate the few, remaining daytime vets we still have while we can.