GH: Jackie Zeman passed away

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

God knows I was guilty of making my fair share of comments and jokes about her appearance over the years, but I always thought she had wonderful and gentle presence that carried GH though some unusual times. She was always so proud of her association with the show and to be on soaps - that was always so lovely to see. 70 is way too young, and its sad knowing we'll never get a final moment with her as Bobbie when GH eventually goes go off the air. RIP to her and condolences to her loved ones. 

• Members

This hurts A LOT. Bobbie was such a great character. She anchored the show in so many ways. I was not expecting this. I am really upset. RIP Jackie. GH will not be the same without you!! I hope people are a little kinder after seeing this news. We never know what battles people are facing.

• Members

Oh my god....

General Hospital hasn't aired here for years, but I vividly remember Bobbie Spencer from when I watched it when it did air here in the early 1990s. We were a few years behind so we saw the 1986-89 era, and although the story that kept me hooked was Grant Putnam and the kidnapping of Anna, Bobbie was a major presence during that period too, so she's always been one of the faces of GH for me.

R.I.P.

• Members

At the time I felt like the show left so much unexplored with Bobbie and Carly, as well as Carly's dynamic with Virginia Benson. Sarah and Jackie were very dynamic and unique acting partners and I'll always wonder what might have been on a show with a proper headwriter.

• Members

Wow

Please register in order to view this content

Unbelievable. She was such a fundamental part of the show in the 1980s and 1990s. Their treatment of her, and other female vets, from 2002 on was so disgusting and disrespectful. They've been trying to make it up to Genie recently, but they never really made it up to Jackie